1st group with 700 ml ,, badger ridge upgrade

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mnt monkey

Reaction score
Remington 700 ml stainless muzzleloader that I bought on modern muzzleloader, mint condition ,unfired basically with the badger upgrade kit, Winchester 209 fit perfect very clean ignition,, the trigger is terrible feels like four or five pounds that's easy to fix, however I see potential,, this is a 452 fury black tip knurled up to .454, harvester black sabot,72gr by weight of blackhorn,, I had two ultimate muzzleloaders that I ended up rebuilding into smokeless rigs this one in the factory stock feels much better as far as shouldering the stock. And as for a one session review on the badger ridge bolt upgrade, it is excellent. First shot in the group is on the right move the scope shot three,,, look forward to getting the trigger worked and shooting more.

Attachments

• IMG_20220615_180356673.jpg
    IMG_20220615_180356673.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 0
Rem 700ML's have always shot very well. At one time I had 4 of them and they were great. Really is too be bad that Remington lost focus.

Here is an old target from one of my good days

Target.jpg

Last edited:
Remington 700 ml stainless muzzleloader that I bought on modern muzzleloader, mint condition ,unfired basically with the badger upgrade kit, Winchester 209 fit perfect very clean ignition,, the trigger is terrible feels like four or five pounds that's easy to fix, however I see potential,, this is a 452 fury black tip knurled up to .454, harvester black sabot,72gr by weight of blackhorn,, I had two ultimate muzzleloaders that I ended up rebuilding into smokeless rigs this one in the factory stock feels much better as far as shouldering the stock. And as for a one session review on the badger ridge bolt upgrade, it is excellent. First shot in the group is on the right move the scope shot three,,, look forward to getting the trigger worked and shooting more.
Nice group, I'm glad that new 700ML is a keeper. Thanks for the post

Always takes me a little bit of trigger time to get used to a gun no matter what the gun is,, even more so with a muzzleloader, for me it's really more than just finding an accurate load I literally just get to know the guns personality if that makes sense, trigger,bore, recoil signature, have the guns a little different takes time to learn . This 700 ml sure is good out of the gate!! I probably wouldn't have given the 700 mL a second look where it not for the success that I see of others here on modern muzzleloader so thanks to all that contribute comments on the 700 ml it motivated me.

What Weight Bullet were you using?

I got a 700ML a little over a year ago and it always shoots right where I want it. Doesn't matter if the barrel is squeaky clean or a bit fouled. It too has a Badger Ridge system on it. I like it so much I picked up another and am awaiting a Badger Ridge for it as well.

I understand that ,my 700 mL has kept my eyes looking at other ones also, if I find another one with the Badger Ridge already installed I'm sure going to jump on it again I got a great deal on this one from a fellow forum member. I have caught myself looking at the Ruger Model 77 50 cal also I know they haven't been made for a long time and I think Marlin had a little Bolt gun too.

I understand that ,my 700 mL has kept my eyes looking at other ones also, if I find another one with the Badger Ridge already installed I'm sure going to jump on it again I got a great deal on this one from a fellow forum member. I have caught myself looking at the Ruger Model 77 50 cal also I know they haven't been made for a long time and I think Marlin had a little Bolt gun too.
I have a Ruger 77 50 that I will be converting with Badger Ridge this coming spring.

Latest posts

Back