2023 East Texas Crossbow Buck

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Reaction score
I pick out a particular buck every year from my camera pictures, and that’s the buck I hunt. I’ve watched this buck all summer, but he’s very rarely come in during the daylight. I thought I screwed up royally yesterday by mowing and planting a food plot where I‘m hunting, but evidently, the deer didn’t get too offended. I ended up seeing 11 does and fawns this morning, but they didn’t start moving until about 7:45. At 8:00, they all went on high alert, and the buck I’ve been hunting came running in. I wasn’t sure he was going to stop, but he circled around the feeder like he’s always done and gave me a perfect broadside shot. After the shot, he ran back up the trail he came in on, and after about 30 seconds, I saw a flash of white and heard him fall. He ran less than 20 yards from where I shot him. I’m pretty sure he’s 5 and weighed 178 lbs. It seems early, but he was rutting.
I shot him with my new Stryker Offspring, Carbon Express Speed Freak bolt, and a knock off of the Carbon Express XT4 broadhead.
IMG_0050.jpeg

I pick out a particular buck every year from my camera pictures, and that’s the buck I hunt. I’ve watched this buck all summer, but he’s very rarely come in during the daylight. I thought I screwed up royally yesterday by mowing and planting a food plot where I‘m hunting, but evidently, the deer didn’t get too offended. I ended up seeing 11 does and fawns this morning, but they didn’t start moving until about 7:45. At 8:00, they all went on high alert, and the buck I’ve been hunting came running in. I wasn’t sure he was going to stop, but he circled around the feeder like he’s always done and gave me a perfect broadside shot. After the shot, he ran back up the trail he came in on, and after about 30 seconds, I saw a flash of white and heard him fall. He ran less than 20 yards from where I shot him. I’m pretty sure he’s 5 and weighed 178 lbs. It seems early, but he was rutting.
I shot him with my new Stryker Offspring, Carbon Express Speed Freak bolt, and a knock off of the Carbon Express XT4 broadhead.
View attachment 38011
Nice buck & great story. Congrats & well done.

Beautiful Buck ! I'm Jealous ! Me and My Son was checking out some new hunting land yesterday ! And ended up kicking up a beautiful Buck ! i figured at least an 8 pointer & real big bodied Judged he has to go 175 - 200 lbs . & I will be hunting hard for that one !

View attachment 38011

Latest posts

Back