50 cal tc hawken

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Denney84

Reaction score
Well. Nasty weather today and couldn't work, so dropped by the LGS. Were just putting out a tc hawken pre warning in 50 cal with all kinds of goodies. So offered a sum, they took it saying they couldn't give them away... yep coming home with me! I just happen to have a GM lrh barrel still in the box and a Williams peep and globe setting on my desk. Looks like I need to start finding some bullets!
Does anyone happen to sell some bullets to try before I invest in molds and cast? It's been a while since I casted and still have a few maxi ball molds and lyman great plains from my grandfather.

Well. Nasty weather today and couldn't work, so dropped by the LGS. Were just putting out a tc hawken pre warning in 50 cal with all kinds of goodies. So offered a sum, they took it saying they couldn't give them away... yep coming home with me! I just happen to have a GM lrh barrel still in the box and a Williams peep and globe setting on my desk. Looks like I need to start finding some bullets!
Does anyone happen to sell some bullets to try before I invest in molds and cast? It's been a while since I casted and still have a few maxi ball molds and lyman great plains from my grandfather.
Check out the Bullshop for bullets and the excellent NASA lube. Also Buffalo Arms company…

I'd say start with 490 PRB and depending on twist, the TC Maxi ball is capable of great accuracy.

Bull Shops 400 LGP is a great all around bullet!

But, also you can shoot sabots and regular copper-lead bullets from that barrel. Do you know what the twist rate for your LRH barrel is?

Mine is 1/28 twist, I shoot 250 gr Hornaday XPT in a blk. Crushrib sabot. Real blk. Powder. Mine is a flintlock and it will keep up up most in-line at 100 yards off the bench.

Well if I were up in PA I'd have an assortment of bullets to send you. But If you don't want to cast right now I would just about guarantee that a 300 gr .452" Hornady XTP and a black Harvester CR sabot with Pyrodex RS will shoot really good for you. Before you go a buy a mold you may want to ask EdMehlig for a couple of his 340 gr HP bullets. If you like them I have a brand new RCBS mold (smoked but never used to cast bullets) that I'd sell you for cheap.

Back