6x45 with Power Pro 2000-MR Quick Load help.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gle3105

If ur gonna be dumb, ya gotta be tough!
Supporting member
Reaction score
Could use some help with this combination if anyone runs QL.
Haven’t seen any data on it. Was looking at 70 to 85 grain pills.
Had been using upper end 223 data or 8.1 buckammo.
6mm-223
Thanks in advance,
Greg

Could use some help with this combination if anyone runs QL.
Haven’t seen any data on it. Was looking at 70 to 85 grain pills.
Had been using upper end 223 data or 8.1 buckammo.
6mm-223
Thanks in advance,
Greg
If you dont have QL you might want to check out GRT(GordonsReloadingTool). It is a free download and seems to be a pretty good system, easy to use. Although Ive never used QL myself, just seen my BIL use QL and this looks similar minus the price tag

Damn MM! I’m busy enough as it is. I looked up GRT and downloaded.
LOVE IT. I have a bunch of other things I need to get done today but this has my attention. ( my attention span doesn’t need much to change LOL)

Have you ever added a cartridge. I wanted to add the 6X45 which is not listed.
Reading the manual.
Thanks for the GRT tip.

Still interested in a QL reference.

I haven't added a cartridge to it. I'm a new user too. Just looking at reloading some standard cartridges, 45LC, 450BM, 30.06. I saw the 6x45 Ackley Improved and thought it might be your cartridge.
btw, its keeping me from working on a stock that needs fitting.

i believe you would go into the cartridge designer tab at the top and choose something close like 6x45AI then mod its dimensions and "save as" what ever you need to call it.

I had a 6 X 45 in a XP-100 with a IER Leupold, quite the prairie dog smacker as long as I held it well. Thought about making it into a semi bullpup but sold it online instead, just don't have the control at 76..Trader

Mike, I had some Speer 80gr Deep Curls. Called Speer about load info. CS told me not to use them in this application. Causes psi spikes.
Okay for .243 and 6mm such.
Was advised to watch for new product in the 6mm line “Impact”.
It’s already out in .30 cal.
I have 1/8 McGowen, 1/9 BHW and 1/10 X- Caliber. All gassers.
Thus far anything from 55 to 75’s are acceptable.
I’ve not been able to get anything 80 or higher to group well.
YET.
😁

MM, GRT ,,, liking it. I was able to add a 6x45 . Took awhile though learning the software.
I saw where Gordon recently passed away. Sad for the reloading community.

Mike, I had some Speer 80gr Deep Curls. Called Speer about load info. CS told me not to use them in this application. Causes psi spikes.
Okay for .243 and 6mm such.
Was advised to watch for new product in the 6mm line “Impact”.
It’s already out in .30 cal.
I have 1/8 McGowen, 1/9 BHW and 1/10 X- Caliber. All gassers.
Thus far anything from 55 to 75’s are acceptable.
I’ve not been able to get anything 80 or higher to group well.
YET.
😁
That’s strange you can’t get anything to group in the BHW barrel. I have 2 of those in 6x45. One 20 inch and one 12 inch barrel. Both shoot anything from 60 grain to 87 grain bullets. Both really shine at 85‘s. I’ve run numerous powder bullet combos and have always went back to H322. Might give up some fps but I’ll take accuracy over speed any day.

1/10 twist. No brake just a standard crown on barrel.
Here is a test I did on consecutive firing of 25 rounds just to see how far a group would open.

Attachments

• 92C7C4CE-B135-4E2E-AB46-BFCF181366A7.jpeg
    92C7C4CE-B135-4E2E-AB46-BFCF181366A7.jpeg
    54.8 KB · Views: 5
And that is from a bolt gun?
I originally had some decent groups using 8208. But just about out of it ( saving for Grendel ) and nowhere to be found of course.
Been working with H322, H335, AA2230

Back