A blind hog can find an acorn.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DannyB

Reaction score
Yesterday morning was one of those days that we live for. I took "Ol' Ugly" up behind the house with me, and first hoot got two birds gobbling between me and the house. After a couple of tree-calls and a fly-down I could tell that they had hit the ground and were coming up towards me. They hung on the bench below me for about 1-1/2 hours gobbling their heads off, then all of a sudden they shut up. I waited about 15 minutes and made a purr with my slate and one gobbled right below my decoys, just out of sight. After a few minutes I scratched the leaves and up pops a head. Then it was whoosh-boom-flop, flop, flop.

20 lb, 6 oz, 10-1/2" beard, 15/16" spurs.
4-22bird.jpg
[/img]
4-22bird3.jpg

Thats awesome! what do you shoot them turkeys with, round balls? Where do you want to hit them at? I wish we had turkeys up here !

Alaskasmoker,

We're not allowed to use anything larger than #4's down here. I load my 12 ga. with 100 gr. of FFg and 1-1/2 oz. of mixed 4,5&6 shot.

No turkeys in Alaska? I don't know if I could stand it. Then again, I might get more rest during the Spring.

If you ever get down South during the Spring look me up. I might be able to stir you up a gobbler.

Excellent Hard to beat that 8)
Great job I hope to get one with my double caplock this coming season

Back