About time he hold companys accountable

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With the EPA losing more power to protect the environment, states have to step up. Its tough to chose between the economy and ecology. Im always going to lean towards protecting clean air & clean water… even if it means i have to live in a box under a bridge.

Think if I had to go primative Id really appreciate clean air, water, and a healthy environment

I like all these replies. The health of the Earth is directly responsible for the health of humanity and our wild cousins. Each thing that is detracted from Earth is another brick removed. Remove enough bricks and the house falls down.

With the EPA losing more power to protect the environment, states have to step up. Its tough to chose between the economy and ecology. Im always going to lean towards protecting clean air & clean water… even if it means i have to live in a box under a bridge.
Putting the power to regulate environmental issues into the hands of the states won't work. Example, the great lakes are bordered by eight states and one province. This would mean nine sets of rules/regs instead of the current two of which the EPA and the Canadian equivalent are close as far as regs. I won't go any further on this because it would involve the politics and why some people want the EPA defanged.
Right now, the city of Grosse Point Park, which is a northern suburb of Detroit, has been granted a permit to install an emergency relief valve on their sanitary sewer system that will allow them to dump RAW sewage into the Detroit River. The city has been experiencing residential flooding whenever they get a significant rain fall or melt. It just amazes me how government just out of hand allows this $hit (literally) to happen. The city of GPP need to apply for a bond issue, fix THEIR problem and pay for it through taxes instead of dumping THEIR problem ($hit) on everybody downstream. Lawsuits are on the way and this is the type of case that could wind up in front of the SCOTUS. Make your own conclusions.

Last edited:
Putting the power to regulate environmental issues into the hands of the states won't work. Example, the great lakes are bordered by six states and one province. This would mean seven sets of rules/regs instead of the current two of which the EPA and the Canadian equivalent are close as far as regs. I won't go any further on this because it would involve the politics and why some people want the EPA defanged.
Right now the city of Grosse Point Park which is a northern suburb of Detroit, has been granted a permit to install an emergency relief valve on their sanitary sewer system that will allow them to dump RAW sewage into the Detroit River. The city has been experiencing residential flooding whenever they get a significant rain fall or melt. It just amazes me how government just out of hand allows this $hit (literally) to happen. The city of GPP need to apply for a bond issue, fix THEIR problem and pay for it through taxes instead of dumping THEIR problem ($hit) on everybody downstream. Lawsuits are on the way and this is the type of case that could wind up in front of the SCOTUS. Make your own conclusions.
fortunately the current drought should buy them some time to fix their problem, if they really intend to. Now tht they have a cheap way to deal with the problem and no EPA to bother them, they may not do anything, unless the State makes them fix the problem.
As for the seven jurisdictions around the GL, they all have different motivations and problems of their own but that doesn’t mean they cant work together on it. Sitting back and doing nothing about pollution would be worse than doing too little. Its in everyones best interest. But its not just about the great lakes, if we do nothing because it MAY NOT work, is certain failure. Doing something, anything, is really the only option. Unless we want to swim in, or drink, chemicals and human waste. I do not.

Latest posts

Back