An open letter to snuffy

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corncob

Reaction score
Congratulations on buying that ML-II from Loggy. Your quick response saved me from owning a 3rd ML-II. There are lots of very helpful chaps who can offer you lots of good advice - I am not one of them (yet). However, I have a list of things you should not do. I know them from experience. Please let me share today's top of the list - #1 Do not shoot that gun 40 times or more and then take the breech-plug out and inspect it and the ventliner. After I read the manuals etc - I started blazing away. Cornsequently, I never knew what a clean breech plug looked like. Today I do and it was just a little embarrassing to learn that lesson.

Shoot safe.
Best regards from the cob pile.
Cob

Thanks corncob. I've been debateing between the ML 10 11 and the Omega. After MUCH reasearch I decided on the Savage. My only issue was which one to buy. I was gonna buy one from Randy when Loggy posted his. I look forward to learning from you guys. I hunt mainly in Alabama and Tennessee. Alabama just recently started a muzzleloader only season. Tennessee has had one for years. Any advice or words of wisdom would be appreciated.

snuffy said:
Thanks corncob. I've been debateing between the ML 10 11 and the Omega. After MUCH reasearch I decided on the Savage. My only issue was which one to buy. I was gonna buy one from Randy when Loggy posted his. I look forward to learning from you guys. I hunt mainly in Alabama and Tennessee. Alabama just recently started a muzzleloader only season. Tennessee has had one for years. Any advice or words of wisdom would be appreciated.

Made the right choice of weapons, that is a great start!

Now all you need is a pound of 5744,primers, lee dippers, and some xtp's

:)

Latest posts

Back