Another Arkie Newbe

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuck41

Reaction score
Recently retired and got my 65 plus lifetime hunting license. Located in central Arkansas. Have a couple shooting muzzleloaders, a "Buffalo Hunter" 58 carbine that I have had for 30 years, a CVA 50 - both sidelock percussion. Also have an antique 36 that has been in the family for at least 150 years, in perfect condition, but I don't shoot that one. Looking to get a smokeless pole. Don't need more power, just tired of all the mess. Once I get the new one I will likely sell one or both of the others or pass them down to grandsons.

Last straw was when I shot a deer just after daylight on a foggy morning last October and it was a couple minutes waiting for enough smoke to clear that I could see if I had hit him or not. I had, he dropped in his tracks, but if he had been able to run off I would have had no idea which direction or even if he had been hit. I consider it almost a crime to shoot a deer and not retrieve it!!

Welcome, you've come to a good place with lots of help.
If you're looking for less mess, and no smoke, seriously consider the Savage.

Latest posts

Back