Another rifle problem

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAF

Reaction score
This past weekend I spent a lot of time in my gun room. I was dealing with a bunch of brass that had accumulated. Cleaning, resizing etc. Also made some bullets. I then decided to try out my new laser bore sighter. That was interesting. Tried it in several different rifles and when I got around to my 22-250 found that the trigger would not operate, at all. I know better that to take it apart. I would probably be able to get it back together but would find myself with spare parts :wink: . Anyway this morning I took it to my gun smith who took it apart and determined that it was really dirty and gummed up. I had some trigger work done it a few years ago and have hardly used it. Best we can figure is that when cleaning, some of the solvents got into the trigger mechanism and it dried and gummed it up :? . I guess I'll have to be more careful.

all gummed up

RAF,

After having reading here on Encore firing pin issues I took my Encore
apart down to the frame and looked inside of it with the barrel off. It looked terrible. Gummed up with dried oil. I soaked the reciever in WD-40 and ran it under HOT scalding water water. She is clean now.

I get the same build up in my Ruger #1's.

Lighter fluid is good for cleaning triggers.

You do need to add lube at the correct places as it will remove all the old lube and gunk.

jim

My gun smith called this morning. Rifle is ready and good to go. That's a relief.

Latest posts

Back