antelope hunting on private lands

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jims

Reaction score
I have a friend that would like to hunt antelope on private lands. Any suggestions/recommendations as he would appreciate it. His e-mail is [email protected] Thanks

I was not clear on my posting. He would like to hunt pronghorn antelope in the western USA. He lives in western Ohio. Thanks

I do quite a bit of business with a hunting consultant out of Cheyenne, WY. From time to time he knows of landowners that will allow a hunt for a trespass fee. Give him a shout, his name is Wally..

http://www.worldwide-hunts.com

Give Donny Carr of Golden Eagle Outfitters a call he has some of the best pronghorn teritory in Colorado. I hunted with him 3 years ago. A great place to hunt. Look at his web sight www.goldeneagleoutfitters.com or call him 1-719-686-7373 Tell him Joel Biltz from Indiana told you about him. I will be back with him this Oct. for a trophy Mule Deer and Elk hunt.

Idaho has the most public land in the lower 48,we also have a good antelope population.I guess having so much huntable land avalible and trophy class animals in good numbers, I have never understood everyones obcession with (private lands). :?

wapiti wacker said:
Idaho has the most public land in the lower 48,we also have a good antelope population.I guess having so much huntable land avalible and trophy class animals in good numbers, I have never understood everyones obcession with (private lands). :?

If you were to live in a state with very little public ground you'd understand. I've heard stories of hunters running over each other.

A friend of mine was hunting public land. Got there an hour early used a climber got up high and 30 minutes later another guy started up the same tree did not even notice Carl till he was up to were he wanted to be and Carl asked him if he was comfy. Carl said the guy almost fell out of the tree when he spoke up.Carl said the other guy was polite about it and left. The deer woods do get crowded on public lands here in Indiana.

Lol!! good story!

That is how it is here in OHIO on public lands as well.. Kind of scary when the lead starts flying!

Jims,

lots of public land in the west.

Just depends on how much your friend wants to spend and if he wants a "trophy" buck for his wall or not.

Lots of good public Antelope land in WY. Some areas you can get drawn into immidately, and can EASILY kill a buck or doe, but may not be the quality of buck he is looking for. So many lopes in WY, that over every rise thier is another herd, litterally.

IF your buddy is interested in a easy, cheap, do-it-yourself, public ground hunt in WY, where he can easily harvest a 12-13 inch buck (I have been told thier are bigger ones on the place, but have seen none myself) or doe then email me at:

[email protected]

I can give you all the details. I have hunted the area myself and taken 3 does off the place. Doe tags are only about 45 smackers compared to a 250 dollar buck tag, antlers aren't that important to me. Although with a buck tag I could have taken several the two years I hunted there.

If he's after a large wall-hanger, I don't believe this is the spot for him, but if he goes private land guided he will be paying big for it. Probably 1500-2000 dollars. (Not sure what landowners charge for just an access fee) Some public land is great for trophies, but he will need to start applying, these units take a while to get drawn into.

Back