Antelope with a Crossbow

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Les Staley

Reaction score
took a nice fat doe Friday night, with my Excaliber Vortex. Driveing oilfield roads and took her at 50 yds off the trigger stick, useing the pick-up for cover, let her walk out where I could shoot in front of the front bumper.. She will soon be about 30# of Italian sausage.. yummy!! Crossbows have been legal here forever... never saw another hunter in two hours of hunting... Les

Killed again.. second doe antelope with the CROSSBOW .. shot about 40 yds for this one.. gave 25# of the meat to a widow freind of ours.. her husband was one of my hunting buddys..she had it cut up and froze within 24 hours.. Wyoming has a law that you can not give over 25# from any one animal to anyone else.. good thing there is only 25# of meat on a doe antelope... Les

That is some good shooting!! I have never hunted antelope. That is kind of you to give that neighbor some meat. Sometimes those acts of kindness mean a lot to them. I used to hunt and shoot an extra deer for an old man that could no longer hunt.

Latest posts

Back