apex 1st range session

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corey0127781

Reaction score
finally got the apex out to the range, after an month of not shooting. I was rusty, best groups I got where a 2in group with powerbelt 195gr AT, and an 1.5in group with 275gr hp at 50yrds. that to me is a good start. just have some fine tuning to do, which, sorry jon, I am going to do with tc packed xtp's to save a little money,

over all I like the gun maybe 1 or 2 more range session I should get use to it. I shoot on avg, 24 to 30 rounds an session.

:lol: hey thats what i do. i sighted in my omega with maxi hunters to get it on sight and then going to switch over to powerbelts and fine tune.

Corey, i sent you those wads, look for the maxihunter or maxiball to sight in with. They shoot very close to the powerbelt.

I will try to but the only place that carry them in 45cal locally are about $15 per 20. cheaper if I order them, I have to go to walmart to get some personal things, I am going to see if they have anything in yet. someone told me today that they have the cva wolf in for $139. maybe they started stocking the stuff. most likely no 45cal stuff

Nah go to dicks sporting goods during the fall and they have them on sale. If i go to denver any time soon and they have some, i'll see if i can buy a few and sell one to you for the price i get them for + shipping.

I want one to play with to :lol!: Not like i ever keep muzzle loaders for long.

you know my plan, saving up for something. still wanna sale my '06 I don't think it is going to see any action again. may take it out one more time just to shoot of my handloads.

besides, if I want a wolf to play with, I just borrow my bro in laws and work up a load for him :lol: :p

Latest posts

Back