Artic Shield Boot Insulators

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alphaburnt

Reaction score
If you struggle with cold feet while on stand in, at or below freezing temperatures I suggest you purchase the Boot Insulators. I tried them this year and was really impressed. They are just a tad bulky but I managed several days in stand (api gs 2400, not a huge platform) without a major problem- not as bulky as the boot blankets that have been around for some time. They are lightweight, can fit easily into a backpack, take a little dexterity to put on while 20 some feet up a tree but are worth the trouble. I think you can pick them up for around $50 .

That is why I put them on before I get into the stand!! It also keeps in the heat you build up getting up there... if you wait to put them on until your feet get cold it is too late!!

I use a climbing stand and it is a little difficult to get my feet (sz 12) into the footstraps with them on. Other than this I love them!

I agree they are worth the money. I used them in the late season in below 20 degrees temps. My feet finally got alittle cool, but not uncomfortable like I am used to, and I have Rocky boots with 400 gram thinsulate too. My feet are the first to get cold but not anymore, and I hunt on the ground. :lol:

I found them at Natchez Shooters Supply for under $35.

I got and love em

My wife got these over boots for me at X-mass. It was warm this week so I can't tell how warm they are...Darn weather! I can't wait till it gets cold and give them a real test.
Koz

Do you guys have the older style with the velcro tabs or the newer style with the zip? I've got the older style and love how they keep my feet warm, but think I would like the newer style as they appear easier to get on and off.

Latest posts

Back