Austin&Halleck inline

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dutch1023

Reaction score
Does anyone have or know where I can get a manual for an Austin & Halleck muzzle loader. Also does anyone know what action it is based off of? I need to get a new firing mechanism spring as this one doesn’t seem stout enough for some reason it needs to be cocked and fired twice for the cap to fire.
Thanks

Dutch1023 said:
Does anyone have or know where I can get a manual for an Austin & Halleck muzzle loader. Also does anyone know what action it is based off of? I need to get a new firing mechanism spring as this one doesn’t seem stout enough for some reason it needs to be cocked and fired twice for the cap to fire.
Thanks

I have one that i can email you...

It should be in your gmail email!

I ran across an Austin&Halleck black/blue bolt gun yesterday for $199.00. 50 cal. I almost sprung for it but the barrel had very visible rust in the muzzle end. And the bolt would fall out if the gun was cocked and the bolt was opened. Looked like a decent firearm but that rust bothered me and then with the bolt....

I have an Austin Halleck that does the same thing, only when it is cocked. Does anyone know why or if it is designed that way?

MSalyards said:
I have an Austin Halleck that does the same thing, only when it is cocked. Does anyone know why or if it is designed that way?

This is the procedure to install or remove the bolt... Probably the bolt stop pin is not free and an not engaging. Inspect the bolt underside and see if the pin is free

To install the bolt: Put the safety "ON". Slide the bolt (with the handle raised in the open position) into the receiver and rotate the handle up or down slightly until the bolt stop pin snaps into its slot on the underside of the bolt body, then close the bolt.
To remove the bolt (Fig. 2): Put the safety "ON". Open the bolt and draw it slowly to the rear about 3" while maintaining a slight downward (clockwise) pressure on the handle until you feel the bolt stop pin engage a ramp-out in the bolt slot. Press the bolt handle down about 1/4 inch (clockwise) to free the bolt stop pin from the slot and slide the bolt rearward out of the receiver.

This only seems to happen when the gun is cocked and the bolt is opened. Other wise it can be removed the normal way.

Back