Bait shortage

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems good bait is about impossible to get around here anymore. Probably due to Covid or the covid mentality that social engineering has created.

Either way I decided to be more pro active. So I went and caught and prepared me some pike bait instead of railing against the machine . View attachment 41339
Filet them up. Hit'em with alittle flour, salt & pepper. Throw'em in some hot oil til golden brown. They wouldn't make it to the table with me cooking them!

Bait is another small family local buisness, we lost a LOT of that recently with the supply chain issues, and the volatile ever rising cost market. Huge corporate monopoly is drowning out anything small and local

Down here in south Florida snakeheads of 9 pounds and up fillet nicely without touching bone, they're delicious batter fried but I don't care for them baked.

Small ones we kill and leave for vultures, raccoons etc. and we eat a lot of them.

Back