Big Boar Visits Feeder In Daylight

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
In the past month i' ve shot three adult hogs and two 50 pound juveniles (today) at this feeder. Now a big boar is visiting the feeder after sunset. A couple smaller hogs are also getting careless by showing up in shooting light. Put a trap there today and will be watching the feeder tomorrow evening.

STC_0103.jpg

The trap had a hog this afternoon. Not the big guy, but smaller long haired hog: He weighed 150-175 pounds.

DSC01962.jpg

This hog had mange and i toted him off to rot. Never saw a mangy hog before.

DSC01964.jpg

Long haired hogs are not common here. There are at least two other long haired hogs hanging out at that feeder, including the big one.

That made me scrunch up my nose. That has got the to the ugliest damn hog I've ever seen.

Nooooo some are real cute I think. My brother shot a trapped hog and it was a clean looking hog and cute. The 2 small pigs Floyd finished for us were freakin adorable, but they were still small, so that's most likely why they were cute. Even the big hog I shot was a good looking animal.

Bacon is always sexy... 

Mmmmm... bacon. 

"The only thing better than bacon? 
Is more bacon." - Jim Gaffigan

Back