Black Knight with Percussion Cap Breech Plug...............

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ETipp

Supporter
Supporting member
Reaction score
Have a .50 caliber Black Knight with a percussion cap breech style plug. Does anyone know if that is compatible with 777 pellets and 777 loose powder?

Have a .50 caliber Black Knight with a percussion cap breech style plug. Does anyone know if that is compatible with 777 pellets and 777 loose powder?
Do you have a "hotter" style nipple?

Knight may list something like a Hot Shot #11 or you may have one.

Anyway no reason a regular cap or Magnum cap won't light loose.

Magnum could be better for pellets??

Knight plunger rifles do best with #11 ignition, imo. Its an awesome setup. I would suggest loose powder, and a good cap. I like RWS 1075 but they seem to not be around much lately. I also use CCI mag, which Wally World usually has in my area.

Also, 240gr - 300gr saboted bullets, over 90-100gr loose will usually shoot really well in Knight .50's.

Knight plunger rifles do best with #11 ignition, imo. Its an awesome setup. I would suggest loose powder, and a good cap. I like RWS 1075 but they seem to not be around much lately. I also use CCI mag, which Wally World usually has in my area.

Also, 240gr - 300gr saboted bullets, over 90-100gr loose will usually shoot really well in Knight .50's.

I do not know what #11 ignition means?

I just looked in my toybox and here's what I have.

CCI #11 Magnum caps.

CCI #11 standard caps.

Remington #11 caps.

Remington (F.C) UMC caps.

I have loose 777 2F powder.

I also have an assortment of bullets of:

Hornady 240 grain XTP with green sabots.

260 grain JHP with black sabots. Unknown manufacturer.

TC 240 grain (which looks like Hornady) with felt wads on the bottom.

Last edited:
Okay, I just looked in my toybox and here's what I have.

CCI #11 Magnum caps.

CCI #11 standard caps.

Remington #11 caps.

You are set, assuming you have some bullets 😁
Loose powder will ignite pretty easily. I still like the hotter caps better personally if you got em.

I do not know what #11 ignition means?

I just looked in my toybox and here's what I have.

CCI #11 Magnum caps.

CCI #11 standard caps.

Remington #11 caps.

I also have an assortment of bullets of:

Hornady 240 grain XTP with green sabots.

260 grain JHP with black sabots. Unknown manufacturer.

TC 240 grain (which looks like Hornady) with felt wads on the bottom.
Heads up on my experience w those Remington #11. That tiny piece of green paper wasn't burning on the 1 tin of those I tried. Plugged the nipple every shot or every other shot for a half dozen or so shots before those went to the trash.

#11 is the cap and nipple.

On some you can use a 209 shotshell primer and/or a musket cap. Have to have a different nipple for those though. 209, #11 & musket caps do not interchange with nipple styles.

#11 is the cap and nipple.

On some you can use a 209 shotshell primer and/or a musket cap. Have to have a different nipple for those though. 209, #11 & musket caps do not interchange with nipple styles.
So you are talking about the size of the nipple and the cap...........#11?

Does that mean there's a size #10? As in a smaller cap and hole size in the nipple?

All I can remember is I have always shot #11 caps in my old sidelock ML.

So you are talking about the size of the nipple and the cap...........#11?

Does that mean there's a size #10? As in a smaller cap and hole size in the nipple?

All I can remember is I have always shot #11 caps in my old sidelock ML.
Most caps are #11. That is what comes standard. I would use the CCI Mags, with the 240gr XTP and start at 90-100gr powder and see how she does. XTP are great bullets, and usually shoot very well. :lewis:

IMO, there is zero advantage to the 209 ignition in Knight plunger rifles. I've done that, all mine wear #11 now. Don't fix it if it ain't broke! 😁

Latest posts

Back