Blackhorn 209 In Stock at Wally World!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
halloflin said:
Five bottles at our local WalMart...$36.76 a bottle.
I went to one of my local WalMart today an low behold its there...same price as Hal. This is in western Virginia. I have another place to check prices also, will do that maybe tomorrow.

Im gonna check my local one today and see if they are stocking it.... Would be much easier if I run low in between ordering 5# containers

Nothing at the Walmart I usually stop at, but then I would have been shocked if they did. I don't think they've had any muzzleloader supplies in at least 5 years. I'll have to check a couple others.

The two Wally's here in Rochester, Minnesota haven't got any black powder let alone the 209. They won't even carry firearms or bows. They stock some ammo and a few arrows on the cheap but that's about it.

A few years back when Wally still had a few guns some nut case asked to see a shotgun that was on display. He walked over to a shell display and loaded it up then started banging away, not at people or anything really, just popping rounds in the air. That ended Wally's gun venture. The 209 is available in a couple places in town here at around $36 per bottle. 40 miles away Cabelas sells it at about $40.00/bottle.

Nothing from what I've seen in NJ. Shooters supplies are very scarce? But......all the paint ball stuff you want. What would parents rather teach their kids? It's got me baffled.
Magnum

It's here at the Newington NH Walmart! No more crazy $45+ at the local store. I prefer to shop local, but 45+ was too steep for 10 oz... The date on my bottle is 071117.

Blackhorn 209, 5bottles on the shelf at walmart, Frankfort Indiana $36.83.

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk

toytruck said:
halloflin said:
Five bottles at our local WalMart...$36.76 a bottle.
I went to one of my local WalMart today an low behold its there...same price as Hal. This is in western Virginia. I have another place to check prices also, will do that maybe tomorrow.
Both Wal-Mart stores here carry it now. Local sporting goods store price is over $40..

Our Walmart here in Heber, AR. has a 3 foot section of shelves some of it 2 deep; Should they happened to have some for the end of the year hunting sale I will have a friend who works in sporting goods give me a call, I would love to have a cart full at 20 % off.

Lee 9 said:
Our Walmart here in Heber, AR. has a 3 foot section of shelves some of it 2 deep; Should they happened to have some for the end of the year hunting sale I will have a friend who works in sporting goods give me a call, I would love to have a cart full at 20 % off.

You and me both!!! :D :D

Re: RE: Re: Blackhorn 209 In Stock at Wally World!

Dougs136Schwartz said:
I bought 5 10 oz containeers in New Castle In last nite . 36.86
What state? Was that in indiana?

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk

19 dollars a bottle here, its been on close out for a year i bet, same cans with dust on the tops. Doesn't appear they can give that stuff away around here? I thought about buying a can to use just for fouling my sidelocks during hunting season so i trust my cold clean bore shot, But found that Primer fouling works best for me and it is non corrosive

Idaholewis said:
19 dollars a bottle here, its been on close out for a year i bet, same cans with dust on the tops. Doesn't appear they can give that stuff away around here? I thought about buying a can to use just for fouling my sidelocks during hunting season so i trust my cold clean bore shot, But found that Primer fouling works best for me and it is non corrosive

I am not sure if you are talking about or if it is BH or not, but if you are counting on BH being non-corrosive - really be careful with that one. It does still contain Potassium and Sulphur.

sabotloader said:
Idaholewis said:

I am not sure if you are talking about or if it is BH or not, but if you are counting on BH being non-corrosive - really be careful with that one. It does still contain Potassium and Sulphur.

Thats the stuff, i knew it was corrosive, but I've heard it's far less so than real BP, i have never used it so have no experience with it? Back when i was having all the hell for trouble with my cold clean bore shot i got to thinking maybe i would get a can of this stuff, and before daylight each morning i would pop a cap on about 10 grains of it, then load my rifle and hunt for the day, i knew i would have to unload and clean every evening after dark. I wasn't looking forward to it, but figured i would do it if it worked and put my cold clean bore shot where it was suppose to go? But after a BUNCH of digging i found where you guys were talking about popping off caps in a cold clean bore, i tried that and it worked flawlessly! So no BlackHorn 209 for me. There are 3 cans of it sitting on a shelf over in Ponderay with a little red tag under them that says Closeout 19 something a Can. I would almost bet they have been there since the store opened 6 years ago? That stuff just doesn't sell around here, for those that don't know, we cant use 209 primers on Muzzleloader only hunts here in Idaho. Will a Hot Magnum #11 Cap like the RWS Plus, or CCI Magnums not set that stuff off? What about duplexing i think its called? A small couple of grains of Swiss 3f under the nipple, then the BH209 on top? I cant imagine it being any gain over the Swiss 2 and 3F that i am currently shooting? This Swiss BP sets off RIGHT NOW

Latest posts

Back