Books for beginning muzzleloader hunters.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rifleman

Reaction score
Well I finally got a chance to see my nephew from Vermont and give him his new Thompson wildcat. The look on his face was priceless and the questions came rapid fire. His pop is a commercial pilot and of course being my nephew that kid is smart as a whip. I do believe he grasped the concept that cleaning up after blackpowder was a royal pain in the manure spreader in about .3 milliseconds. LOL He sure did like the gun though and I bet he is gonna do fine. However I sure felt the need for him to have more instruction then I could provide in the short time we were together. I am looking for a recommendation for a book for a brand new beginning muzzleloader shooter/hunter. Drew is very smart so about any good text would be a help. Thanks
Rifleman

I simply pick up a couple of owners manuals from Knight and T/C. Lots of good info in there though certainly not all-inclusive. The problem with muzzleloading "books" for me is that many items in the books are out of date. Saying that...The best two I have found are "The Complete Blackpowder Handbook" by Sam Fadala and Lyman "Blackpowder Handbook and Loading Manual."

"The Complete Blackpowder Handbook" by Sam Fadala remains an excellent book; I also like the Ian McMurchy book if you can find one.

Doesn't Toby have a few books out? Dang it, 'hold on a second while I put my firesuit on!!!! :p

I got the book by Fadala and sent it to my nephew, thanks for the advice, Rifleman

modern_muzzleloading.jpg

Hope he likes it. The McMurchy book is a dandy, worth it for the pictures alone.

Latest posts

Back