Boy Scouts of America is aware of "Frontier Muzzleloading" website.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck Conner1

Reaction score
Boy Scouts of America is aware of "Frontier Muzzleloading" website.

I got a call yesterday from an old friend that's still involved with BSA. He works at Philmont Scout Camp between Taos and Raton NM (a lifer in scouting). We met and became friends 50 years ago at the BSA Pikes Peak camp near Colo. Sprgs. CO. We both took NRA classes to be instructors for rifle, shotgun and handgun. Then NMLRA offers the same classes but for muzzle-loaders at the same camp, we took everything they offered. 

If any of you ever get a chance to attend these events do so, to get certified - its cheap - like a quarter of the normal cost plus the BSA houses and feeds you like kings - all included.

Other than touching base with each other (usually a few times a year). He called to invite me along with a dozen other old guys for a 50 year reunion at NRA Raton, NM end of Sept. BSA/NRA will supply the food and lodging for a 3 day weekend. 

Was told to bring the GRRW.CA J&S Hawken that Jonathan had just worked over for me (these folks are aware of "Frontier Muzzleloading" website Jonathan).  :ttups:

Re: Boy Scouts of America is aware of "Frontier Muzzleloading" website.

I did as a little shaver and a Boy Scout, but it was back east.

Buck, are you going to this or not!! I am only an hour away.

I will be in Philmont on a backpacking trek with my son’s Troop between June 21st and July 5th. We were supposed to go last year but the fires closed the reservation. 70 mile hike but includes a few stops for shooting events, to include black powder shooting. Should be a good time.

Latest posts

Back