boyds stock won't fit

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just got a thumbhole from Boyd's for Thompson Encore muzzy they didn't drill the pocket deep enough and the bolt to put on the rear stock won't reach through, and without the washer it just slides through called body's they put me on hold then told me to leave a message, any ideas anybody else had these problems, the front stock fit just fine. Don't know what to do now😟

Yes sir, you've got to be able to do some minor fitting with Boyds. They get you a decent product for a fair price. But ive not yet had one 100% from them. Close, but always a little finish fitting required.
Same here. I bought a coyote thumbhole for my mountaineer and also had some minor fitting at the recoil lug. It had the black plastic washer missing. A quick email and they sent right to me.

I just got a thumbhole from Boyd's for Thompson Encore muzzy they didn't drill the pocket deep enough and the bolt to put on the rear stock won't reach through, and without the washer it just slides through called body's they put me on hold then told me to leave a message, any ideas anybody else had these problems, the front stock fit just fine. Don't know what to do now😟
pics ?

I need a 2 1/2 bolt not the 2inch one that comes from the factory, other stock makers include them with the stock Boyd's doesn't, why would they that would make it to easy.
I'm guessing it is a socket head cap screw. Go to the local hardware store and purchase a 2 1/2" cap screw with the proper thread pitch.

Frosty

Latest posts

Back