Bullets for .45 Knight Wolverine 1/30 twist

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snapbang

Imlay City Michigan
Supporting member
Reaction score
In the next few weeks I hope to have in my hands a Knight Wolverine in 45 caliber. This is my first 45 and have no idea what this gun will shoot. I always preach each gun is an individual unto itself and loads for your 45 will not necessarily be accurate in this gun. Butt what bullet/sabot combinations or straight lead could anyone suggest I shoot in it.

I have a box of 45 cal no excuses of 385 grain coming. Hope it will shoot those.
I have 200g, and 220g, dead centers and 240g Elites coming from PR Bullets.

Other suggestions welcome.

Be kind. :)

Thank you Harley. I don't cast. I keep putting it off. I made a plan a few days ago that this summer Im going trout fishing for 2 days every 2nd or 3rd week. Im going to go drive up Monday morning, fish Monday, stay over night, fish Tuesday, and then come home. I dont see making my own just yet.

But Ive been looking at molds. :)

I fly fish for trout in the summer as well, great fun! You can learn bullet casting in an afternoon or two. After that you can cast enough bullets in an hour or so to last most of the year. No more excuses!! :) Or just have itchiganmuzzy (I'm an Ohio Native and can't bring my self to actually say itchigan! :)) pour you a few. OH....IO!

*hio, isnt that where they grow road apples?????? :)

I laugh, Im not a real sports fan, My wife and I life to watch the Tigers during the year but when they started the kneeling crap I havent watched them since. My favorite is watching little league baseball and maybe a girls softball game.

I fly fish for trout in the summer as well, great fun! You can learn bullet casting in an afternoon or two. After that you can cast enough bullets in an hour or so to last most of the year. No more excuses!! :) Or just have itchiganmuzzy (I'm an Ohio Native and can't bring my self to actually say itchigan! :)) pour you a few. OH....IO!
Yes learning to cast is fairly easy. There are plenty of really good threads on here, about it.

Last edited:
When I was a Newbie here I requested and received bullets from a couple of sources. I wasn't aware of the generosity of the individuals on this forum. I have others ( in 50 caliber) but pictures below are 45 cal. bullets from 52Bore and Ed. Next to them some 45 caliber 385 from No Excuses. I think I have a good start here. Rather, if none of these work I need to look in the mirror and no where else.

I would like to thank you fellows who early on (and since) were (are) very good to me. I would also like to say I have to the best of my ability been generous to the individuals here who have needed supplies of any kind if I had it. Because you were first good to me I try to pay it forward or pass it along.

Thank You

IMG_2760.JPG

Back