Shooting Knight Wolverine

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snapbang

Imlay City Michigan
Supporting member
Reaction score
Have a snow day coming tomorrow and I really wanted to shoot my .45 cal Wolverine. I used Warne mounts, Vortex rings, and a Vortex Crossfire II 3-9 x 40 scope.
Shooting at 65 yards off of an end table, with a storage tote on top, with a jacket on that. Pretty cruddy rest.

I started with Eds 350 homecast hollowpoint, 70 grains (wt) of T7 FF. And as I write this I realize I should have measured by volume so I screwed up and survived.
I did my prep work and loaded the T7, cardboard wad, cotton wad, and bullet. The first shot with a newly mounted scope on a new gun was off the picture. About 9 inches low and 9 inches left.
Made my adjustments and shot #2. About 6" above bullseye. Reload and shot number 3 far left. I knew I pulled a little when I shot it. Shot #4, 5, and 6. Bingo. Im ready to hunt any beast on the planet. Maybe an adjustment of 3/4 inches to the right would be a little better.

Ill bet any deviation from a perfect group is my fault. My wonderful rest.

I had advise from different members on how to shoot and what bullets to shoot from this gun. Ed gave me the bullets a couple years ago and I have a few of what I believe are similar bullets from 52Bore. Thank you for the bullets guys.

IMG_2805.JPGIMG_2807.JPG

For you Flounder I used T7. Frankly I didnt know a guy could shoot that much powder behind a cast bullet. Even if I did it by accident. I know when the bullet hit it moved a lot of dirt. Looking at IdahoRons testing this should be a great bullet for this gun.

Back