cheep 4x32 scope for mk-85 . . . bushnell? simmons?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n8dawg6

Reaction score
i'm looking at putting a cheap 4x32 scope on my mk-85 as its first scope, since ill be using it mainly for plinking over the next year. my plan is to mount it low, with low height weaver rings, so's i won't screw up the balance of the rifle.

anyway, im looking at two scopes: simmons prosport 4x32 and bushnell sportsman 4x32. im really assuming that neither one is going to be particularly bright, but the simmons does have 4" of eye relief, whereas the bushnell has only 3.4". anyone have any experience with either of these scopes? does it really matter considering each one is in the $30-40 price range? thanks

I think your wasting your time and money, you have a 50/50 chance of failure with either one.

yeah, i know its true. i need to just bite the bullet and get the nikon buckmasters im looking at. i also need to bite the bullet and get steel warne rings and bases. ill end up spending as much as i spent on the rifle, but hey.

The rifle is useless if you can't hit what you aim at due to an unexpected shift in Point of Impact (POI).

Latest posts

Back