Commentary on Toby Bridges

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loggy

Reaction score
Still waiting Randy. If Toby's check ever does arrive.....I will donate to our Server fund here! Maybe if I email Toby and inform of such it might help in my sustained recovery effort! :lol:

Gee, wont be long i will be celebrating my One Year Anniversary Date of June 4, 2004 when I placed my TB Book Order!!! I would appreciate a moment of silence on that day. :D

Loggy said:
Still waiting Randy. If Toby's check ever does arrive.....I will donate to our Server fund here! Maybe if I email Toby and inform of such it might help in my sustained recovery effort! :lol:

That's alright, Loggy. It seems that the World's Largest Bullet Manufacturer has recently recognized the "true value" of Mr. Bridges' contributions. :shock:

Just saw that Randy. I actually spoke to Steve Hornady on the phone a number of years back when I was calling with questions on their Custom CF Bullets. He seemed like a straight shooter and doesnt surprise me that they aborted their Sponsorship of a site containing such immature content. I'm sure they didnt want to be embarrassed in having their fine name associated with such.

Toby's got a bite the hand that feeds him kind of attitude. Hornady is probably the first to have their renewal since Toby started attacking Savage while they were still a sponsor of his site. I would venture a guess that his actual sponsors (those that paid his $500/year fee) may start abandoning him when renewal time comes. His atacks were short sighted as they sent a clear mention to sponsors; "if we have differences I will attack you just as I have done to Savage". Not the message that you want to send to a sponsor.

It is a bit pompous to think that a website could be much more than a brown spot on Hornady's radar screen. A public "scolding" of Hornady shows that the chances of ever having them as a sponsor again is non-existent. Thanking them for their years of support would have been a more sensible approach.

Who knows, Loggy-- maybe the crew at Hornady got stiffed on a book like you did? :roll:

...ok

I missed it! What happened? I cant find it anywhere on his site... it is very painful to wade through his bs on his HPML site..

got a link?

Hard to miss, his lament is on the main page:

Every endeavor that is mostly funded out of an one's own pocket hates to lose a good paying sponsor. And here at HIGH PERFORMANCE MUZZLELOADING, we're certainly no different. So, I have to admit that it came as something of a blow to learn that Hornady Manufacturing feels that they can no longer justify supporting our efforts to bring to you, the muzzleloading hunter, valuable muzzleloading information, including hunting reports, loading tips, technical information, product reviews, load data, how-to, and much, much more - at absolutely no charge to the viewer.

Fortunately, muzzleloading is an ever changing sport...and so are the products favored by the serious muzzleloading hunter. And companies are always looking for new and different ways to reach the consumer. Last year, more than 100,000 viewers visited these pages. No where else can a company like Hornady advertise for the meager $500 annual sponsorship we charge to reach anywhere near that many muzzleloading shooters and hunters.

Hornady is not the only sponsor he is about to lose. :shock:

I wanna sponsor toby!

100_9486.jpg

Latest posts

Back