Couch Hunter Turkey Tactics

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
yesterday Anonymouscowherd was gonna come up & turkey hunt with me, but I’ve been waking up at 1-2am quite a bit lately & not getting back to sleep until 4-5-6am.
There are a lot of turkeys around the house & 20acres almost daily, but it’s not too often I see real beard dragger trophy birds.
Last wk there was a group of 12 all 10”+ beards on big mature Tom’s hangin about 100yds from the house. ( right near where our first brush blind is ) and yesterday morn 7 Gobblers that looked like they were from that group were out back 80-90yds from the back porch. I grabbed the Accura that stays loaded ready to shoot next to the door & I set the Jim Shockeys trigger sticks just outside the threshold & fired off a shot at one of the bigguns ( goin for headshots only ) and I FRIGGIN MISSED!
So, I reloaded, they didn’t know where the shot came from & didn’t take off. I fired again MISS #2! DAMNIT WTH!
They still didn’t take off, not sure if they were suicidal or just stayin there to mock & lol at me now. So I reload & fire shot #3. And MISS #3. Lots of cussing goin on now. But I must have been close enough that 2 of the biggest birds flew off & all but one stayed inside of 100yds. Now I grab my last charge tube & load up. I decided to try to hit it at the base of the neck & body. I did FINALLY connect & dead bird.
It’s a 2yr old, 9” beard, 3/4” spurs. It was the smallest bird in the group & still a decent bird.
A/C & I are planning our next turkey hunt next Sat to see about us both getting our second bird.

Attachments

• IMG_0667.jpeg
    IMG_0667.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0670.jpeg
    IMG_0670.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0673.jpeg
    IMG_0673.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back