Cutting Edge Maximus Muzzleloader Bullets

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone try any of these bullets?

Anyone harvested deer with these bullets.

They told me they won’t perform well at velocities under 1,300 fps.

However there is no upper limit to impact velocities that will affect their performance.

Pretty BC.

Anyone try any of these bullets?

Anyone harvested deer with these bullets.

They told me they won’t perform well at velocities under 1,300 fps.

However there is no upper limit to impact velocities that will affect their performance.

Pretty BC.
Meant they have a high BC

I also have been trying these and the raptors, with poor results so far. But I'm told it's my powder choice using N120 is known to wreck the sabot. Since N110 and 4198 are not to be found here I'm doing some experiments with a sub base made from another sabot.
I have tried wool, veggie and poly wads with no luck so I'm not real optimistic this will change anything. 20240315_145509.jpg

I also have been trying these and the raptors, with poor results so far. But I'm told it's my powder choice using N120 is known to wreck the sabot. Since N110 and 4198 are not to be found here I'm doing some experiments with a sub base made from another sabot.
I have tried wool, veggie and poly wads with no luck so I'm not real optimistic this will change anything. View attachment 42476
They look pretty long, just looking at them from your photo.

Have you done any calculations on the twist required to stabilize them?

They look pretty long, just looking at them from your photo.

Have you done any calculations on the twist required to stabilize them?

The Cutting Edge website says 1:24 or faster. When I run the numbers in the Berger calculator for my setup here with an 18 twist, I get an SG of 2.75. SG on the 24 is 1.54 (so it would be marginal at lower elevations and colder temps in the 24).

I have tried wool, veggie and poly wads with no luck so I'm not real optimistic this will change anything. View attachment 42476
Maybe try Rel-7.

Back