Krieger w/NP and Fury bullets

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ENCORE50A

Long Range Shooter
Supporting member
Reaction score
Not the best day to shoot with winds steady at 12mph and plenty of gusts. However, I wouldn't go to the range over the weekend, as its free sight-in days. The ranges will be overrun with last minute hunters wondering why they can't hit the "X". LOL

Shooting both the Northern Precision 400gr and Fury 400gr bullets today.

All shooting today was at 400yds.

After fouling the bore with a couple 350's, I proceeded to shoot the Northern Precision bullets. After working them pretty hard I finally came up with an accurate BC when shooting 100grsW of BH209 at 2,074fps. MV verified with a Magnetospeed V3. Worked the same with the Fury 400's too.

Northern Precision 400gr.

Velocity 2,074fps
BC.......... .252 G1
Range 400yds
Front rest and rear bag.

I could not get the NP bullets to hit either the target or backstop at 600yds. 500yd targets no different. Today's shoot was to see where the bullets might fall apart, so 400yds was tried.
IMO the Northern Precision bullets are 300yd bullets or less. Somewhere between 300 and 400yds, they lose stability for what ever reason.

11-3-23 400gr Northern Precision at 400yds.jpg

NP 400gr.jpg

The Fury bullets shot well, with two bullets in 1 hole. Wind wasn't favorable, but the Fury 400's shot pretty good.

Velocity..... 2,074fps
BC........ .322
Range 400yds
Front rest and rear bag

Left inside the red are 2 bullets.

11-3-23 Fury 400gr at 400yds.jpg

Fury 400gr.jpg

Thanks so much the fury bullets show some promise
Not the best day today with the wind and gusts which were over 20mph. Although Sat. and Sun. its not supposed to rain, but the club's range will be full. Our general season opens the 15th and everyone will be out zeroing their CF rifles. A good place to stay away from........

I'm going to contact Dennis and have him send me 50 of those 400's, which I'll shoot from DUNAMIS. Those 400's, IMO, are the best long range bullets from Fury yet.

Thanks for the post guys.I going to get some of the Fury 400 to shot in my Woodman Paramount.
I think you'll like the Fury 400's. Now with a stout charge there will be a little recoil, but if you have a brake, no problem.
They shot a 4" group at 600yds for me. I bet if a guy sent one of those at a whitetail, it would be DRT.

What smokeless charges have you tried? I shot 65 grns 4198 with the 300 grns in my Woodman Paramount.
I've only shot the 400's with BH. However I use H4895 when shooting the 350gr XLD's from my custom.

In the matches, smokeless is not allowed. BP or substitutes and BH is limited to 120grs volume.

I believe if you ask Dennis ,and I don't want to speak for him ,but I believe he would say,he's hesitant to start advertising this bullet because of lack of Interest, if more people were interested in 300 to 400 grain jacketed bullets especially the 400 I'm sure he would change quickly, maybe we could go together as a group and get a lot of them ordered his 400 grain bullet is the prettiest bullet that he's ever produced ,I just wish more people would give big bullets an opportunity,, I have shot quite a few of them I've had phenomenal accuracy both with black horn and smokeless all of the barrel twists however were 18 I understand that Encores 19 twist handle them well too!!!

Back