• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD CVA Optima V2 Scoped

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muley Hunter

Reaction score
OK, i'm finally done trying to continue to hunt. I have even more medical problems that will prevent it. I'm a foolish stubborn old goat who can't accept the truth but I have to. My hunting days are behind me. I'll fly fish a pond that's near me and use it to stay outdoors. Fish don't taste as good as elk meat but better than nothing.

So, with that baloney out of the way. I just bought an Optima from Muzzle-Loaders a few weeks ago after the Hawken weight turned out to be too much for my back. I find more ways to lose money. This gun is a ML scope package with a gun case. I took only 4 shots when I realized I can't handle any sort of recoil anymore. My Osteoporosis won't allow it.

This is what I bought.

https://www.muzzle-loaders.com/cva-optima-v2-scope-combo-pr2020smz.html
As you can imagine the gun is still like brand new with no marks anywhere. When loading it feels like a nice even diameter bore all the way down. Surprisingly the scope is much nicer than I thought it would be. Nice clear glass and good eye relief. It has a simple duplex reticle. It's a nice hunting gun.

I'll include about 55 Powerbelt AeroLite 250gr bullets. You may not like them but I think they're fine for deer. If nothing else just practice with them or sell them. Some members here were kind enough to give me 200 Winchecter shotgun primers and about 70 Winchecter Muzzy primers. I'll include those too. I'll include the tools CVA sells to clean the breech plug. Anything else I have i'll include too.

I can't sell powder here but if someone is in Colorado and wants to pick up I have 3 lbs of Pyrodex Select and 5lbs of Goex 2F i'll sell cheap.

How about $350 and i'll split shipping with buyer.

Sorry, but no camera for pictures but it's brand brand new. If not happy i'll pay for shipping back to me and reimburse what you paid to ship to you.

Sorry for your decline in health but wish you well.
It seems like a good offering. I have a V2 that is very good so I know the brand.
Suggestions:
Not having pictures could work against fast sell. It will also help if you included complete description of rifle. V2 comes in a few finishes so it definitely makes a difference which one you are offering.

Good luck

Thanks guys.

I'm a dummy for not giving a description. I'm not a fan of camo guns, so the gun is black stock SS barrel. I agree no pics hurts some but I promise the gun is as new as new. If won't cost you a thing to buy it and decide it's not what I say it is.

I forgot to add I also bought a new Quake sling that goes with it.

I just realized why I didn't give a description. I showed a link to the exact gun I bought from ML.

That's ok! My bad for not clicking on the link. That's cool 😎.

Ok, no interest. I'm going to struggle through using it this fall. Failing is better than giving up.

Close this up GM.

Thanks

Wish you luck I'm in the same boat I keep buying gun related items and I know darn well my hunting days are about over There are five days that I can hunt a no hunting area by car this area is for disable people only too hunt by permit

Pretty sure it's sold now. As soon as I lowered the price to $325 three guys said they wanted it.

What a difference $25 makes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back