CVA Pistol kit

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

03mossy

Reaction score
I found an old CVA .45 cal percussion pistol kit Looks to be a "Kuntucky" pistol) locally and for $20 I couldn't pass it up figuring its going to be a fun winter project. It mustbe 35+ years old. I am not sure all the parts are there as it came in a bag with a few other misc. parts that I know for sure do belong in the kit. Anybody know where I could get a parts list or instructions to help me get this old thing together. I will get pics up tonight showing what I am starting with.

CVAPistol_zps48fe8bcf.jpg

There it is. I played with it for a while last night. Its going to be hard to not start the project till this winter! I believe all the parts are there except the ram rod and also some extras. I think there maybe something missing in the trigger because it just hangs loose until you pull it, but I am not sure what. I contacted about a manual or instructions and they basically replied that they have nothing to do with those kits anymore. I just need to find instructions somewhere just to check to make sure all the parts are there. Should be a fun toy when its done.

I will check my older manuals for CVA and Tradition rifles and pistols. Many times they have exploded views of the weapon and that might help you somewhat. It does look like an interesting project.

It might be worth the time to try a quick call to the guys at "Track of the Wolf" in Minnesota.? I know they can help with the ramrod material.

shguns said:
It might be worth the time to try a quick call to the guys at "Track of the Wolf" in Minnesota.? I know they can help with the ramrod material.

Good idea, that place is only about 15 minutes from me. I should make a trip out there. Isnt the ramrod just a hardwood dowel? The kit has the end pieces and the tiny pins that hold them to the wood.

Thanks Dave, let me know if you find anything.

smyrnagc said:
and another picture of the back of this pistol kit from a current eBay listing:

CVAKYPistolKit.png
[/img]

Thanks, good digging! That pic you found on the back of the box helped. Looking over it i believe i have almost everthing. The part i see on the box that i dont have im not even sure what it is. See the 3 longer bolts in the middle of the pic? Its the bigger piece right above that. Can you tell what that is?

Plastic? more likely the sideplate itself, and if the other furniture is brass, it would be as well. It really isn't needed as it is decorative more than anything.

03mossy said:
shguns said:

Good idea, that place is only about 15 minutes from me. I should make a trip out there. Isnt the ramrod just a hardwood dowel? The kit has the end pieces and the tiny pins that hold them to the wood.

Thanks Dave, let me know if you find anything.

TOTW can hook you up with a ramrod blank. Only a couple of bucks.

Latest posts

Back