It's Kit Time !

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I ordered a H&A Underhammer kit from Pecatonica River. well most of the kit anyway. No bbl as they did not have any in the cal i wanted. Did not want any sights nor dove tails cut nor nipple/ n hole or Jag or tip. Have to wait to see the bore size in bbl for that. Talk about twists ! Yeah i am putting on a 2x7 Loopy glass on this bad boy. Plus get ready for this a Mag-Spark 209, won't be problem getting it to fire off. No i am not going to use B-horn, but Trip 7 in 3 f would be in the running for sure. Just depends if it does the crud ring, i am not overly fond of having to clean my bore that clean after each shot. I am not much of a paper puncher. I am real big on working up loads, even if it takes 1 n 2 gr changes for each weight of conical or bullet. So while i am pondering a bbl n looking for a bbl. I have some spare time between cups of coffee n cross string making to work on the kit here n there

For past week i have pestering ppl. for help on getting some great data for couple of cal's i was interested in. Think i am going to bite the bullet, lol. I want to get the .40 cal bore of .408 twist at the 1:37 rate. I am thinking of a 7/8" at 32" in length. This may end up being my go to tick toter killer

Well i have a BBL maker that is going to make mine. 32" length, 7/8" octagon, 5/8x18 BP, bore .400/,408 twist rate 1:24 for the 200 gr conicals i will try to shoot. It will be here late Spring time frame. Bet i get a load worked up to kill me some freezer meat in Nov.

Well i have a BBL maker that is going to make mine. 32" length, 7/8" octagon, 5/8x18 BP, bore .400/,408 twist rate 1:24 for the 200 gr conicals i will try to shoot. It will be here late Spring time frame. Bet i get a load worked up to kill me some freezer meat in Nov.
I hope this works out well for you, Smoke. Keep us posted on the build.

Well its not been a week, put the order in on last Weds. They still have not taken the funds out of my acct. I wonder how long it takes them to gather up the kit minus the sights n bbl. Ya know i am ready to put my grubby fingers n hands upon this Underhammer

Its all about details. At least you fessed up to not giving all of the info. Sounds like an interesting build. Good luck.

Up-date Bobby Hoyt called me about my bbl. for abit more info on my spec's like BP depth. I had to tell him i did not know as i don't have my kit yet to measure it. I knew it was 5/8"x18 on thread count. So i am thinking he is getting to it faster than i thought he would. He also is going to send the cut off part of bbl. for me to size my bullets. So soon as i get my kit n BP i will call to inform him of its length

Back