CZ 452 Rimfire

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loggy

Reaction score
Just a heads-up on a great "Unappreciated Classic" ...the CZ 452 Rimfire. The Title of a very informative article in the NRA American Rifleman April 2006 issue. I bot the CZ 452 American 22 LR a year ago & what a fine gun for the price. I compared the Kimber and some other offerings coming in at 4-5 times what I paid for my CZ 452. The NRA Rifleman article covers this model in a fine fashion. The last sentence of article: "Given its quality, performance and reasonable price, it will find its way into an increasing number of American gun cabinets, which, in turn, should belatedly earn it the respect it so richly deserves." says it all per my ownership experience.

I must fully agree with this statement. This gun is made of all steel & walnut...no plastics which is creeping into many guns today. A simple & robust 1.18" diameter receiver machined from a solid-steel billet, with beefy walls more than .2" thick. Bolt is a hefty .705" diameter. Mine is a tack driver & friendly to high velocity ammo.

Those looking for a high quality rimfire in the $300 range should take a look at the CZ 452 before plopping down a grand or 2 for a comparable. I did & ended up with the CZ 452 American & am one Happy Camper!!! :D

Very nice looking gun...certainly worth considering at that price..

cz.png

jcchartboy said:

cz.png

Purdy aint it!!! Shoots even better than it looks. :lol:

Is that a 17 chuck? Nice. First syn stock model I've seen.

DSCF0117.jpg

Chuck, had my first Weaver (K4)bout 40 years ago when I first started cheatin by lookin through these tubes! Nice Jap optic with an ole American Name! :lol:

jcchartboy said:

cz.png

Looks like it's got quite a bit of drop to the stock. Is the comb high enough for good scope alignment?

Another sleeper is the Chinese copy of the same rifle, I bought one at a yard sale, and it does just as well as the CZ my brother in law has,, makes a dandy squirrel rifle.

Back