Disappointed

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They called for rain all day yesterday, it never rained at all from 7-7 here... which I wasn’t going to complain about them being wrong! The sun even came out for a while! We put on 3 of our favorite drives in the am and got a bunch moving including 2 legal bucks, one monster, biggest buck I’ve ever seen on the hoof in my life. Sat the afternoon and saw 7 but they were out of range. Also got to sit there and count turkeys waiting for the deer, 156 more or less. Always love being out in this season in the PA wilds. Today, rain all day, and it is pouring. Wish it was snow instead.
Not to worry, though - the weather people can predict temperatures 50 years from now to within 0.5 degrees!

Clem, so sorry to hear the bad news. I’m praying that what you and your wife is going through isn’t too bad. When Covid hit in 2020 I was tested positive on 12/22. My wife was told she had it on 12/23. So that ruined our Christmas and New Years celebration that year. We didn’t see our kids and grandchildren until the end of January. I had it so bad my family thought I wasn’t going to make it.
Hand in there Clem prayers are on there way for you and your wife.

In all seriousness, I hope both of you get over this quick and have no lasting effects.
Thanks Wily and all the others wishing us well. God surely answers prayers because both of us are feeling much better but still staying in quarantine until Tuesday. But this "old coot" may sneak out Monday morning with the flintlock and see if I can bust a tick toter!
The way I see it I'm not going to be infecting anyone and I'll be out breathing fresh air not the covid laced air in the house. Well that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Last edited:
Back