Disaster Averted

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocket708

Reaction score
I just about screwed up! Let me start this cautionary tale by saying I consider myself a very experienced hunter, very safe with weapons and highly experienced muzzleloader. So Tuesday morning I had the good fortune to harvest 2 nice bucks with my Rem 700 muzzleloader, the 28th and 29th buck with that same gun. Both shots coming only minutes apart. On Thursday evening I decided to clean my gun before I hunted again which I don't always do but thank the dear lord I did this time. I removed the breach plug and started to push the load out with the rod and to my horror I discovered I had not seated the last sabot that I loaded the morning I harvested the 2 bucks. I have never done this and I have no idea why I did this time. I guess everybody can make a mistake. I'm just glad I found it.

A few years ago I rotated my tires. Not long after I felt a little shake. Come to find out I didn’t tighten down the one wheel. Luckily I found it early, before damage or a wheel coming off.

Back