Do not buy this camera!!!!!!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shorty

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Supporting member
Reaction score
Save your money. Do not buy this spypoint camera. The model is Link-micro-s-lte solar cellular trail camera. Its very misleading, as on the box it shows a picture of 48 mega pixels, when it really only has10. The pictures are absolutely terrible, very grainy, blurry, and you are not able to blow them up. The pics are the worst i ever seen on any camera in my life. They also like to take pictures of nothing, even with sensitivity turned on low. However the only good thing on this camera is the battery, which is a lithium. All for camera are still at 100 percent charged. I am in the process of upgrading them now with spypoint, which is a nightmare in itself that you do not want to take. Ask me how i know. This camera is a piece of crap, do not buy…….2524FAF7-FEE2-4C9E-8243-9A275788FFE7.png

Don’t take this the wrong way, but if you had done any research at all on game camera pages/sites, you’d have known they have a horrible reputation.

Granted, there are people that supposedly have good experience with Spypoint, but general consensus is they’re junk.

I‘ve used Spartan cell cams for over a decade and won’t be changing, but Tactacam is popular among cell cam newbies.

Here’s a good site for trail cam reviews. One really has to look at reviews for a particular model of camera as every brand has models that are higher and lower on reviews. Spartan included.

https://www.trailcampro.com/blogs/reviews
The higher-end SpyPoints that I use are nice cameras that take good pics and work very well. I wouldn’t have recommended the Micro as they are known for below average quality photos. Hopefully Spypoint will get you fixed up Shorty.

Never had any luck with Spypoint solar cams, they all failed quickly. Like El Diablo, I have a number of the higher end Spypoints like the Flex and even their cell-link which makes a regular cam a cell cam have given me great service. I have also been using Spartans for years with no issues. I put out three Tactacam Reveal earlier this year and the battery life and pics are phenomenal.

Why can't you return it? I don't use the cellular cameras for a couple reasons. Mainly because I'm too cheap to buy a plan for them and secondly because I hunt exclusively public land and I've had cameras stolen. (Darn younger generation and those without respect for other's property). I normaly use Moultre cams which give me good pics and have reasonably long battery life. I have a really cheap little Tasco that takes black and white pics that I will put in an area that has known human traffic. No one ever took it yet. It works and I really don't care if it gets stollen.

Megapixel ratings on game cameras is a marketing ploy. The high megapixel is actually a digitally enhanced picture rating. Always set camera at the lowest megapixel rating.
Absolutely! Some perspective on “megapixel ratings” from TrailCamPro:

Be Wary Of Megapixel Ratings

Megapixel ratings for trail cameras seem to increase more & more every year. In reality, the native resolution of 99% of all trail cameras is 5 megapixels or less. Manufacturers artificially inflate megapixel ratings for advertising purposes through a process called interpolation. Interpolated photos are enhanced by software to mimic the file size of a higher megapixel photo, but seldom offer additional clarity or resolution. The result is an exponentially larger file size photo which takes longer to load and slows down the speed of your camera. We always program our cameras to capture photos at the image sensor's native resolution. This allows our cameras to operate as efficiently as possible and store more photos to memory. With shorter load times, this also allows us to review photos at a much quicker pace. To put things in perspective, the trail camera widely considered to be the "Gold Standard" and used by more professional researchers than any other unit is just 3 megapixels.

https://www.trailcampro.com/pages/5-most-common-trail-camera-myths

I don’t have any Spypoint cameras but I have a bunch of Tacticams and the thumbnails that get sent to your phone are probably not of the same resolution as the images that you will get on the SD card when you pull it. The other thing about cell cams is that a very busy background will result in much grainier images than a simpler background, I’m not sure why that’s the case, but it is.

Save your money. Do not buy this spypoint camera. The model is Link-micro-s-lte solar cellular trail camera. Its very misleading, as on the box it shows a picture of 48 mega pixels, when it really only has10. The pictures are absolutely terrible, very grainy, blurry, and you are not able to blow them up. The pics are the worst i ever seen on any camera in my life. They also like to take pictures of nothing, even with sensitivity turned on low. However the only good thing on this camera is the battery, which is a lithium. All for camera are still at 100 percent charged. I am in the process of upgrading them now with spypoint, which is a nightmare in itself that you do not want to take. Ask me how i know. This camera is a piece of crap, do not buy…….View attachment 36950
Damnit brother, sorry ya got some BS goin on there. The feeling of " I wasted my money on this POS " is a bitter pill to swallow.
I like to take mine with a beer.

Save your money. Do not buy this spypoint camera. The model is Link-micro-s-lte solar cellular trail camera. Its very misleading, as on the box it shows a picture of 48 mega pixels, when it really only has10. The pictures are absolutely terrible, very grainy, blurry, and you are not able to blow them up. The pics are the worst i ever seen on any camera in my life. They also like to take pictures of nothing, even with sensitivity turned on low. However the only good thing on this camera is the battery, which is a lithium. All for camera are still at 100 percent charged. I am in the process of upgrading them now with spypoint, which is a nightmare in itself that you do not want to take. Ask me how i know. This camera is a piece of crap, do not buy…….View attachment 36950
Yeah Shorty. U ain’t the Lone Ranger. I’m one and done too. Terrible pics and it doesn’t work 80% of the time I’m using Tactacam and haven’t had a single issue. Very easy to set up. Good pics. I have the x gen 2 and the x pro. I think the gen 2 takes a little better daytime pics but both take excellent night pics. The daytime pics of both are 10 times better than SPYPOINT. My SPYPOINT is basically a dummy security camera now

I tried contacting Freedom USA, they told me the cameras were really good ones. They are a bunch of liars and will not take a call. I have emailed them also repeatedly too, they say its spypoints problem. Freedom USA can go to HELL !!!! They are not quality people to deal with that stands behind their products. Buyer Beware…..shorty

I am a reasonable person, but when you spend $642.00 on 4 cameras that their company representatives, Freedom USA, tell you that they are very good cameras and they completely suck, then decline to talk to you. They said that the product i bought was an excellent product, which is totally false and To deal with spypoint. What else can i think about them?????

Latest posts

Back