Does any one crappie fish?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokit

Reaction score
With trolling with 2 fishing buddies Sat. in a local lake. Good time had by all. We caught 75 crappie (10 inch size limit) .Had to throw back a bunch.We can catch'em this way all summer.
:D

Sometimes guys use crappie for striper bait, but I think they are too spiny to be really effective.

I posted about a trip a while back on the old forum. I don't fish for em much, but I do fish for em.

Rifleman said:
Sometimes guys use crappie for striper bait, but I think they are too spiny to be really effective.

Now where did you hear that????? :lol:

smokit said:
With trolling with 2 fishing buddies Sat. in a local lake. Good time had by all. We caught 75 crappie (10 inch size limit) .Had to throw back a bunch.We can catch'em this way all summer.
:D

You bet smokit! I have even ice fished for the great crappie! One of the most enjoyable fishes to catch and especially eat. Ice fishin used the 1.5" jiggin Rapala or small jigs. When ice clears ..a small minnow or shaddart worked great for me.

Sounds like you had one great trip there and alot of action! On lite tackle the crappie cant be beat. The largest I ever caught was a 15" which weighed about 1.5 lbs. Caught a few in the 13-14 inch range but not too many.

Back