Eastern Shore Md Buck

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Killed one on a hunch. We had pretty good rain yesterday but forecasted sunny and breezy this morning. Our property was select harvested 3 years ago. This morning with as wet as it was from the rain along with wind and full moon no light needed. I figured I’d could get close to a bedding area undetected. Must of worked out. 4 buck were chasing 2 different doe all morning. Finally had a shot at 70 yards. Shot him were head meets neck.

Attachments

• IMG_1005.jpeg
    IMG_1005.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1012.jpeg
    IMG_1012.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 6
Killed one on a hunch. We had pretty good rain yesterday but forecasted sunny and breezy this morning. Our property was select harvested 3 years ago. This morning with as wet as it was from the rain along with wind and full moon no light needed. I figured I’d could get close to a bedding area undetected. Must of worked out. 4 buck were chasing 2 different doe all morning. Finally had a shot at 70 yards. Shot him were head meets neck.
Nice buck Mike, congrats. I did a bunch of duck & goose hunting on the eastern shore when I was still in Md but I never had the op to deer hunt on that side of the Bay.

Nice buck! Congrats.

How do you like that pulley system?

I was just going to ask about that rig. The one I have was hand made and broke lifting my buck this fall. Care to share where you got the rig?

Nice buck Mike, congrats. I did a bunch of duck & goose hunting on the eastern shore when I was still in Md but I never had the op to deer hunt on that side of the Bay.
Thanks, I still love hunting in the Pa mountain. Eastern Shore is just a sportsman’s paradise to me.. Probably seen 30-40 Turkey also yesterday.

I was just going to ask about that rig. The one I have was hand made and broke lifting my buck this fall. Care to share where you got the rig?
MrTom, that thing is probably 20-25 years old. It rolls up nice and compact and I always have it in my pack. I took some 2” square tubing an made a pretty good size L shape with a gusset that I chained to a tree where I park on our farm. Never fails when nobody else is there this sort of thing happens. I will research that pulley and see what I can find.

Nice buck and good job. Son and I were up at Cumberland MD. hunting Sika Sat / Sun /Mon. Unique area son killed a Hind.

Back