edit: TC Renagade lock ?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catfishtony

Reaction score
i have a TC :edit: i typed the wrong gun name
it is my TC Renagade
this will be the 3 time i will have to change the lock and hammer piece. in the late winter ML season the hammer
or lock spring keep messing up and the hammer just drops on its own some times after you set the hammer and cock it back
any ides why or were i can get parts it is just to much trouble to keep sending back to TC FOR REPAIRS

thanks tony,
ok i took the lock off, i see nothing wrong. i did a online chat with a TC rep, and she said to call ‪1-800-331-0852 ext 4127‬
tclock.jpg

I am not up on the Omega. So there is little I can help you with. I am sure T/C would have a reason. Give them a call. See what they have to say.

I have never heard of this problem with the Omega. But it sure sounds dangerous if that hammer is dropping on its own from the cocked position. Definitely give TC a call. Let us know what they say.

Doesn't T/C have a lifetime warranty? I would like to suggest giving them a call. Definitely sounds like a safety issue. Wouldn't hurt to try.

YES THEY DO!
i called smtih/tc and they said they were mailing me a addy tag to send gun in to repair shop.
i will mail it next week

i moved and lost the paper work for a few months LOL
my brain is catching up with my age.

Sounds great! Maybe you can get it fixed permenantly so you can have a worry free hunting season next year.

Smokin' Joe said:
Doesn't T/C have a lifetime warranty? I would like to suggest giving them a call. Definitely sounds like a safety issue. Wouldn't hurt to try.

i got the mailing ticket.
and i must say what a company they sent a PRE PAID
FED-X mailing tag. and its off to get fixed.

I had the same problem with my T/C Renegade it was the tumbler. I ordered it from T/C and replaced it. There is a small cut that had broken off. Mine would not go to full cock and stay. I can see in yours it is rounded off. Follow the spring back to the Triangle(tumbler) the left side should have a small cut that hooks. T/C will take care of you they sent my dad a new barrel when he sent his in to get drilled and tapped because they did not like the barrel and sent the old barrel with it.

Not the tumbler, I suspect the fly. The side plate may be loose, too.

TC Renagade lock

https://www.tcarms.com/returns

THEY IN CAPS PAID FOR IT ALL
shipping parts labor and return shipping to me.

110% happy all the way around!
gun drives a round ball packed just right with iron sights every time about a 4" 5 shot group to this day
this was my first new BlACK POWDER WEAPON.
but i do use Pyrodex now a days and Crisco shortening as a "grease" on patch. this has works for a very long time
i know i may have opened a can of worms here but it has worked for generations. like it it does on old black iron skillets that are seasoned well.

point is i am 1oo% happy with the no ?'s asked just sent back FREE of charge YES I said FREE
and the gun works fine now.

news is old but does in a round about way apply to parts and repair funtions.
http://ir.smith-wesson.com/phoenix.zhtm ... &highlight

Re:

cayuga said:
I am not up on the Omega. So there is little I can help you with. I am sure T/C would have a reason. Give them a call. See what they have to say.

please edit: "Omega" to read / edit: TC Renagade
i labeled original post wrong sorry

Latest posts

Back