Eezox sea water test

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nugbuk

Reaction score
I have being using Eezox ( http://www.eezox.com ) for quite some time. I like it a lot, but I?ve decided to do a simple test.
I took six nails, cleaned them with Remington Action Cleaner and marked with permanent marker.
P9050040.jpg

P9040012.jpg

Then on two nails marked with two stripes I applied Rem. Oil with Teflon.
P9040018.jpg

On two nails with one stripe I applied Eezox Gun Care. Note that it almost washed permanent marker off.
P9040021.jpg

Two unmarked nails left untreated. Then I dipped three nails in sea water (thanks Travis and Venisoneatr for the sea water) and left on dry serf ice. Three other nails left in the sea water.
P9040027.jpg

24 hours later nails left in the sea water:
P9050035.jpg

Note that untreated nail and nail with Rem. Oil shoved severe rusting. Nail with Eezox appears to be clean.
From the nails left on the dry surface only untreated nail has rusted spots.
P9050037.jpg

Great stuff. :applause:

GREAT test! Nails are a GREAT medium for such a test! Why didn't I think of that!

Looks like Eezox is a pretty good product! I had read a test of Rem Oil some time ago and it proved to be one of the least effective at rust prevention.

Great report Nug!!! If anyone would like salt water to do their own tests please feel free to PM.

Looks like some good stuff! Good review, very informative! :applause:

Convincing test there nugbuk! I've been using RemOil for years & been having good results with it on both hunting & fishing gear. Never put equipment through sustained SW submersion though. Impressive results there to say least.

Curious, how are its lubricating properties?

Couldnt open the link.

Loggy,
We already discussed eezox as lubricant here:
http://modernmuzzleloader.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=217

This is from www.eezox.com:
EEZOX Synthetic Premium Gun Care is a total gun-care system with ONE PRODUCT for all types of guns, including Black Powder and Bow Cams.

EEZOX enables your firearm to function as designed by the manufacturer. A fine black powder cleaner as it will not affect seasoning of a muzzle loader bore.

EEZOX cleans, lubricates, prevents rust, and finger printing. It eliminates stiff actions, jamming and all types of residue build-up. It?s also NON-FLAMMABLE!! It functions from 450 degrees to 95 degrees below 0.

EEZOX dries to the touch on guns in use or in storage. Your guns are always protected with EEZOX.

EEZOX Reel Boating brings you velvet smooth boating controls and fishing reels.

EEZOX Cycle Tune-up is the ultimate drive train maintenance product for your bicycle, motorcycle or ATV. It cleans, lubricates, prevents rust and dries to the touch.
And:
The ASTM B 117-5% Salt Spray Fog Test results for Synthetic EEZOX Premium Gun Care are very conclusive. For test purposes that parallel use in firearms, a very thin film (0.42 to 0.45 mils) of EEZOX are used.

After 192 to 232 hours of rigorous conditions, EEZOX scored and "Excellent" rating - the highest given. (Mil Spec requires only 100 hours)

The scientific method of testing the "load factor" or "reduction of friction" of a lubricant is done with a Falex Testing Instrument. The pressures are increased under controlled conditions and measured by special monitoring devices. EEZOX extends the life of operating mechanisms.

Synthetic EEZOX Premium Gun Care with only 0.42 - 0.45 mil film thickness achieved a Peak Load "pass" of 4,500 lbs. This load factor far exceeds pressures found in any firearm, including full automatic machine guns. Falex tested by ASTM D-3233 procedures (Mil Spec requires only 1,000 lbs.)

Loggy said:
Oops! Sorry, you gotta remember ole Loggy is gettin older & memory aint whut it used to be! Hell, it was even in a Thread I started...of course several months ago. :oops:

Thanks for the refresher. :lol:

Oops! :oops: Sorry Loggy. I did not mean sound that rude.
I just meant that it could be used as lubricant.

No problem nugbuk.... I work with some of you Jersey guys! :lol:

I get a real charge out of funnin around with you all! :lol:

Back