Favorite cowboy single action for .45 Long Colt?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It takes about a minute to convert my Uberti 1860 Army between .45 acp and C&B. Loads from the rear through Loading Gate.
I'm thinking about converting my Centaure 1960 Army to .45 LC.

Don't know how to post a photo.
Do you know how to upload photos to your computer? If so, click on the "Attach Files" blue box in your reply, go to where your photos are on your computer and click.

Do you know how to upload photos to your computer? If so, click on the "Attach Files" blue box in your reply, go to where your photos are on your computer and click.
Thanks. However, my computer isn't connected to the internet, and the photos aren't on my computer.
That said, the option to attach files wasn't present when I made my first post, but it is now.
Here's the Uberti.
20231226_101630.jpg
20231212_030820.jpg20231212_031125.jpg

Last edited:
Just ordered one. Sent to my FFL guy.
Angel Eyes. Beautiful gun! But, and they did not tell me, the LC Cylinder must be removed from the pistol to load the .45LC! Not happy. Since I had to get it through an FFL Dealer and now registered to me. Don't think it would be a good idea to sell it!

Marplot, get a Kirst cylinder for it, like the one I show in Post #22..
Loads from the resr with cylinder in place.
Don't hold me to this, but I think you can install the longer Kirst Pietta .45LC cylinder in a Uberti, and at 1.58", you can find .45 LC rounds that are short enough to fit. It might require some adjustment of the arbor slot and the forcing cone.

Marplot, get a Kirst cylinder for it, like the one I show in Post #22..
Loads from the resr with cylinder in place.
Don't hold me to this, but I think you can install the longer Kirst Pietta .45LC cylinder in a Uberti, and at 1.58", you can find .45 LC rounds that are short enough to fit. It might require some adjustment of the arbor slot and the forcing cone.
You can resell the present .45LC cylinder. The registration stays with the frame.

Latest posts

Back