Feral Dogs

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tar-12

Reaction score
You guys have any problems with wild dogs in the winter?In recent years it is happening way to much for my liking.I watched some dogs this year in a very rural area running deer.Year before I saw dogs run a small doe down and kill her.They were out of range.I watched this unfold from my treestand through my binos.Makes you sick to watch that.They did not eat anything,just killed her.

You betcha Rick it is a real problem around here. Sometimes the dogs are feral, sometimes they are pets that irresponsible owners just let run. Seems they pack up and get the crowd mentality. It is just impossible to tell which they are many times. I could tell you some stories about how the Rifleman deals with such situations, but that will have to wait until we are face to face :shock:
I know what an Amish farmer told my pal about how he dealt with this problem when it came to threatening his livestock. The three S's,
Shoot
Shovel
Shut-up!

Here in Massachusetts, we have strict laws concerning dogs and being under control of a leash. I bum around the woods alot and really don't see too much of that as an issue here. In the past it was and many people used the .50 cent solution. By law, only a game warden can shoot a dog harassing wildlife, but culturally speaking a lot of old timers took that into their own hands.

I agree with you on that. But keep in mind that here in Massachusetts, it is a liberal state. It wasn't like that in the past but it is the unfortunate truth. It is the same in Connecticut and I want to say it is a felony to shoot a dog there, unless your life is in danger. I too think it is stupid.

Welcome to PETA's world. You can be charged with a crime if you shoot a dog, but if you pay a vet $75.00 to put him to sleep your fine.

Back