Wife would not shoot until......

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
She would not load her LK-93 until she saw a nice 4x4 WT buck (10 point to you eastern folks). She passed on a nice one Thanksgiving morning and since then has been watching for him. Sure enough yesterday he was spotted about a half mile away between two small draws. Yep, time to load up and away she went as I watched through the spotting scope. I prefer 68 degrees and not the 19 it was outside. lol I saw smoke and the buck run over an embankment towards the jungle by a creek. Dang, now I had to get dressed, hook trailer to ATV and go to the rescue. Buck went 60 yards and piled up in some vines. My wife made a good 95 yard heart shot while the buck was walking. It appears to be the one she refused to shoot Thanksgiving morning.
Sorry for no pictures, but if I was smart enough to post them I would be rich, retired, have servants etc.

Yep, I may have goofed by claiming a 4x4 was a 10 point eastern, I thought it would be assumed it had eye guards. Just like I forgot the second 0 in shoot and had shot. Dummkopf me. Like I said, posting pictures is over my head, just like when I try to put square pegs in round holes.
I can email pictures to anyone willing to post the pictures.

Yep, I may have goofed by claiming a 4x4 was a 10 point eastern, I thought it would be assumed it had eye guards. Just like I forgot the second 0 in shoot and had shot. Dummkopf me. Like I said, posting pictures is over my head, just like when I try to put square pegs in round holes.
I can email pictures to anyone willing to post the pictures.
Here ya go Louie, thanks for the pics & congrats on a fine buck to your misses

Attachments

• Louis wifes buck #1.JPG
    Louis wifes buck #1.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 3
  • Louies wifes buck #2.JPG
    Louies wifes buck #2.JPG
    5.6 MB · Views: 2
  • Louies wifes buck #3.JPG
    Louies wifes buck #3.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 2
  • Louies wifes buck #4.JPG
    Louies wifes buck #4.JPG
    5.8 MB · Views: 1
Holy Hanna, what a jungle to have a deer die in. I'm assuming it ran a bit and went there either to hide or slid into it. And its a beauty! Congrats to the Mrs.!

Holy Hanna, what a jungle to have a deer die in. I'm assuming it ran a bit and went there either to hide or slid into it. And its a beauty! Congrats to the Mrs.!
Yep Mr Tom, she shot the buck in a flat above the steep bank and it looked like he cashed in his chips at the top and slid into the vines. I forgot to mention my wife pulled him out of there and slid him in the trailer. We took the buck to a spot where we could see coyotes from the house and she field dressed it there. She did the skinning too since my knife holding hand has not been working for a year. Today she has the head cooking in a pot (in the barn) and will make another euro mount.

Glad you got the pictures posted. Good looking buck. Very even rack. Will she be having it mounted. A good taxidermist can rebuild that broken brow tine.

Back