Field reports of Knight 260gr lead hollow point?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's another fellow on here that uses the Traditions plinker in 240 grains for his daughter to shoot deer. No problem. Knight bullet appears to be a similar bullet just 20 grains heavier. So I would say you should kill deer just fine with those. Lot of deer killed with a 180 grain patched round ball. Many by me. 😃

Thank you for the replies. I rebuilt an older Knight that came with a bunch of these bullets and factory sabots. I won't use the factory sabots, but the Harvester ribbed ones that load easier. I also ran them through a Lee .451 sizing die to make them a little easier to load. They shoot into 2" at 100 yds.
I had originally thought to use these for plinking, but will save them for hunting season now that I have your info.

Those bullets shoot REALLY GOOD out of all my rifles, and I use the black Harvester ribbed sabots too. I haven’t killed anything with them, but I don’t see why they wouldn’t work just fine. :lewis:

Back