FINALLY a bullet to get EXCITED about!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big6x6

Reaction score
Ordered some bullets to try the other day.. Hawk 235gr .40 Flat Point. Internals are all lead with a soft copper jacket. The bullets weigh 235gr +/- 1/2gr. They all mic out at .400 on the nose. There is NO hollow point, just an exposed lead nose. There isn't a cannelure either, just a smooth copper jacket like it should be for saboted muzzleloader applications. This bullet has REAL possibilities. I can't WAIT to get to the range!

2005miscpics%20042.jpg

From left to right:
Hawk 235gr, .429 240gr XTP, Hawk 235gr, 200gr .40 Shockwave, Hawk 235gr, 250gr Shockwave, 200gr .40 XTP, Hawk 235gr.

Chuck,
I like as well....it seems they have more bearing surface than XTP's or anything else pictured for that matter. 40 cal. is good. 235 is a good compromise in the weight department. Are you thinking of the blue sabots that chics dig? :D I can't wait for your report. Hope you try them at 150 and 200 yards with the Elite used for testing. spit

Thats one hell of a line-up there Chuck! I think when that Mother Load of those loooooonnnnnnnng awaited Bonded SW's finally arrives, the line-up will be a little shorter. :lol: I may even have to givem a try when my Barnes EZ 300's aint lookin. :lol:

looks like a good bullet. looking forward to see some results. 8)

Those look very nice Chuck... You really need some of the ballistic gellatin blocks like Omega has!!

Bet you would go HOG WILD with about 10 blocks of that stuff!!!
:twisted:

Knowing Chuck, he's probably trying to track some down. :lol:

Chuck - Do you have any more technical data on them?
Like B.C. & recommended velocity range?
Also, how much $$$?

Chuck - Do you have any more technical data on them?
Like B.C. & recommended velocity range?
Also, how much $$$?

Hey Walt,
I'm really glad to have you over here. You have always been one of my favorites! No real technical data as of yet. I figured I'd better see how they shot FIRST! :D I'll go ahead and tell you the bc if they DON'T shoot...that bc is .450! :shock: As for velocity range...I was told up to about 2600fps...then I'd need the heavier copper jacket. Price..I think about 65 cents apiece or so..

Those look very nice Chuck... You really need some of the ballistic gellatin blocks like Omega has!!

I wish I had some! Maybe soon!

I did ask them about BC's, which they do not have for the .40 calibers.

I'll have it on my next off day if I get the chance!

Latest posts

Back