Finally, fresh fish

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAF

Reaction score
Am back at my cabin and weather is great. Only about 2 feet of snow left and it's melting. Temperatures up to +10(50 F). Still 3 feet of ice on the lake. Got out yesterday and drilled some holes and settled down on the seat of my snowmobile to work on my tan :wink: . Suddenly felt that unmistakable tap. Set the hook and got one on. Finally I can say I caught more than ice :D . On to the ice flopped a nice 4lb pike and this is the result

Picture132.jpg

Worked on my tan some more and did catch a burbot that I put back. Fishing wasn't great but had fun and did get a head start on my tan :wink:

Man those look great!

I miss the snow! Heck I miss fishing!!!

West Texas is Barren!!! :?

Now I can't wait for the open water season and I'll show you a pic of fresh walleye fillets in the pan. I enjoy watching them twist and turn in the pan. Of course I like the way they taste too :wink:

:) Looks yummy RAF!!!

I'll have to control myself if u put up pic of walleye fillet fryin....i may jab at the screen with my fork! :lol:

There is nothing better than fresh fish sizzling in the pan. As a side note, have you ever tried Burbot? I haven't but I have been told it is very good. It's supposed to be fresh water cod. Nice pics

Loggy said:

I'll have to control myself if u put up pic of walleye fillet fryin....i may jab at the screen with my fork! :lol:

I'll second that!!! Walleye is the best!!!! YUMMMY :drool:

teacherboy said:
There is nothing better than fresh fish sizzling in the pan. As a side note, have you ever tried Burbot? I haven't but I have been told it is very good. It's supposed to be fresh water cod. Nice pics

Yup, you're right. It is a fresh water cod fish and if you can get past looking at them and cleaning them, they are delicious. Some people like to boil it in heavily salted water and claim it tastes like lobster. I've tried that too and it's pretty good, but it don't taste like lobster. :wink:

Doohan said:
Loggy said:

I'll second that!!! Walleye is the best!!!! YUMMMY :drool:

You guys had to bring this up again. Now I'm hungry :? and I'll still have to wait another 6 or 7 weeks.

Talking about walleye. I live near a large inland lake (reservoir) in Ohio. A fellow recently caught some stocked walleye there. That much I know as a fact, actually he caught too many. I asked him what size they catch there, he said 10 to 15 pounders. I asked him if he wasn't mistaken and they were actually carp. I have seen some big walleye out of Lake Erie but I can't imagine that size on our impoundment here.
I asked the game warden about it and he said it was that fisherman's estimation, no scale to weigh. Another area fisherman said a 6 pounder would be the tops here. We do have some big cats and years ago stripers but they do not stock the stripers anymore. Good fishing and good eating.

Back