FIRST MUZZLELOADER

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, a M-L does take trial & error to see what works. Say one has a 308 rifle, often walking in to Walmart to get any brand of ammo would probably be ok. I have what works for me, to keep it simple, I don’t change much now.

Congratulations and a great story. The CVA is a reliable and most have very good accuracy when the owner finds the right load combo.
I have an Accura V2 and killed plenty of animals with it. I also have a Knight and a couple Remington 700MLs and Encores to go along with my assortment of sidelocks. I even have my 1st smokeless muzzleloader barrel on the way.
I guess I'm a muzzleloader nut. And the reason is just like you said. I like to play with them and squeeze out all the accuracy I can from them. But with so many and 70 years young I have to keep a log book of each one's favorite load!
I almost went into shock when I got my last credit card bill and realized I spen over $1700 on muzzleloader stuff (including a couple more muzzleloaders!)

Congratulations and a great story. The CVA is a reliable and most have very good accuracy when the owner finds the right load combo.
I have an Accura V2 and killed plenty of animals with it. I also have a Knight and a couple Remington 700MLs and Encores to go along with my assortment of sidelocks. I even have my 1st smokeless muzzleloader barrel on the way.
I guess I'm a muzzleloader nut. And the reason is just like you said. I like to play with them and squeeze out all the accuracy I can from them. But with so many and 70 years young I have to keep a log book of each one's favorite load!
I almost went into shock when I got my last credit card bill and realized I spen over $1700 on muzzleloader stuff (including a couple more muzzleloaders!)
Thanks, and wishing you many more hunts and range time!

Back