First piggie/first BP kill

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DLuke

Reaction score
Me and some buds went on a piggie hunt last weekend. Two of these three were shot with muzzleloaders...the one on the left with a bow. I'm second from right. Omega with 150gr. 777 under a 250 bonded SW. Finally go the Omega bloody...tons of fun too. The little guy shot a red stag with his bow!
2007hogs.jpg

let me be the first to congratulate you on some fine eats...wish I was in your shoes....

Congrats!

How did the Shockwave perform? A lot has been said about them blowing up on impact and etc...

Did they need a 2nd shot or let us know more about the hunt! :D

A ten yard bloody scamper was his reaction. No second shot. The shot couldn't have been hand placed any better, right behind the shoulder broadside. The Bonded Shockwave went right through. I wasn't there for skinning so I don't know what the holes looked like, but they were neat and clean on the hide, so I don't think there was a blowup issue. The lungs were gonzo during gutting.... We were at Hillside in Aurora, ME.

:D Congrats on those nice hogs!!!

A fine lookin group there...i mean the hunters of course!! :lol:

Hello. Just a newbie here. Referred to this site by DLuke. Looks like a nice place to talk about muzzlestuffers. Shot my first pig with a muzzleloader a couple weeks ago. I'm on the far right in the picture posted by DLuke. I was using my Remington 700ML loaded with a 245 gr. Powerbelt Aerotip pushed by 2 50 gr. Pyrodex pellets. I had excellent results also, 1 shot straight through the rib cage just behind the shoulder, 10 yard death run with plenty of blood trail.

Only tried the backstrap so far, and it was very good, just one note--Don't overcook it!

Hey Lab,

Did the 245gr exit the hog or no? I have a package of these and was wondering.

Latest posts

Back