First Pythons Now Giant Lizards

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patocazador

Reaction score
Ignorant pet owners turn their unruly pets loose rather than euthanize them. In south Florida, they thrive and take over. The newest threat is the South American Tegu lizard. It can get 5 feet long and eats everything.

images

images

http://www.npr.org/2016/02/20/467499871/invasive-lizards-threaten-floridas-natural-species-in-the-everglades

There is no substitute for cubic inches Ive gone from 38's as being ok now to 58's being the only way. :Red tup:

"We can kill these on sight, yeah?"

Every animal that's an exotic with the possible exceptions of mute swans and cattle egrets is OK to kill if on state land. The feds have their own set of millions of rules.

In south Florida they also have iguanas and monitor lizards running around in addition to tegus.

Seems like a good place to open a custom boot and belt shop...boa..python an tegu boots an belts...

Ahhh man! In Colorado, we can never have cool stuff like that let loose in the woods. What are you swamp people complaining about?! :lol:

patocazador said:
"We can kill these on sight, yeah?"

Every animal that's an exotic with the possible exceptions of mute swans and cattle egrets is OK to kill if on state land. The feds have their own set of millions of rules.

In south Florida they also have iguanas and monitor lizards running around in addition to tegus.

Old son, you need to school me in this stuff. I grew up in a different place. 
I am a stanger in a strange land. I do have trouble understanding Florida hunting 
laws. 

And, as to complaints, No one can touch the gators without a holy directive. 
Wander into a State Park- different, National Park- different, Lease- different, 
Public land- different, Private land- different, Beware of district differences, watch 
county and city directives- different. 

I spend most of my time frozen- afraid to act because of some law. 
I feel drawn to pay professionals to keep me safe from mistakes in the law. 
I never thought I would feel the need to hire an attorney to just hunt legally. 
But, that is what is happening. 

I feel hemmed in. Thank God for my gun club.

Since you're from Kentucky, you probably know how to act like a "good 'ol boy". Just keep a chaw in your cheek or a dip in your lip, wear camo to town, and drive a pick-up truck with sand tires and you'll just absorb the right way to act.

If someone tries to stop you from doing what you want, cock your head, look him in the eye, and reach towards your concealed weapon .. but don't grab it. Instead just ask him, "Well just where in the Hell (pause and spit) are you from?"   :Mischief:
He should be backing up by then. When he gets far enough away, he'll walk fast to his vehicle and lock the doors.
When that happens, you've became a full-fledged cracker.

FrontierGander said:
John Neslen said:
Jonathan,

No Sasquatch hunting in Colorado?

John[/quote

That's different, they are native to Colorado.
The Sasquatches are quite helpful in the Colorado Rockies. You don't want to hunt them, but befriend them.
Y7k2vf.jpg

Ron

patocazador said:
Since you're from Kentucky, you probably know how to act like a "good 'ol boy". Just keep a chaw in your cheek or a dip in your lip, wear camo to town, and drive a pick-up truck with sand tires and you'll just absorb the right way to act.

If someone tries to stop you from doing what you want, cock your head, look him in the eye, and reach towards your concealed weapon .. but don't grab it. Instead just ask him, "Well just where in the Hell (pause and spit) are you from?"   :Mischief:
He should be backing up by then. When he gets far enough away, he'll walk fast to his vehicle and lock the doors.
When that happens, you've became a full-fledged cracker.
Love it.

We have skunk apes not Sasquatch. :cheers:

I actually taught one Sasquatch to play Bluegrass Banjo. He would play in public, but he gets upset when the audience throws bananas at him.
bigfootsquatbanjo.jpg

Ron

I seen that guy at our city park last year ,,, Drove by in one of those English cars with a blonde,,,

Back