First Time Grandparent

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Reaction score
My youngest son and daughter in law came by our house yesterday to let us know we’re going to be grandparents. This is a first for us, and my wife is super excited and already trying to come up with her grandma name. I’m excited too, but I don’t really start to appreciate kids until they can do stuff with me. That’s the way I was with my niece and nephew, and I now proudly hold the title of favorite uncle.
At this point, I’m praying for my daughter in law and her pregnancy and for a healthy baby boy.

Congrats, not only to you but to the parents of the soon to be baby.

I understand where you're coming from retrieverman. I've been down the same road ten times and now I get to start down that path with the three greatgrands. You'll be fine.

My youngest son and daughter in law came by our house yesterday to let us know we’re going to be grandparents. This is a first for us, and my wife is super excited and already trying to come up with her grandma name. I’m excited too, but I don’t really start to appreciate kids until they can do stuff with me. That’s the way I was with my niece and nephew, and I now proudly hold the title of favorite uncle.
At this point, I’m praying for my daughter in law and her pregnancy and for a healthy baby boy.
Congratulations 🎉

I babysit my 3 1/2 and 1 1/2 year old grandsons every Friday. They are more fun when they start "to do things" beside fill their pants. When they can sit anywhere they want and they sit in the chair or on the couch next to papa. I promise myself I wont yell at them only to see the older one with his arm around the younger ones neck draging him down the hall. When you get home and listen to the silence that seems good. Until the next morning when you miss them already. He will say papa, when I come to your house can we play with your tools??? But not the loud ones??? I have a car track around the house and I let him sit on my lap and drive. While doing so he points out the window and asks what is that? Not a clue what he is pointing at. Then after he leaves you get in the car to go somewhere and realize he was pointing at the antenna.

Its a blast.

I do warn you though. They may be small and seemingly simple but are smart and masters of manipulation.

We became grandparents for a 3rd time 4 months ago. Congratulations, enjoy and spoil yours with lots of love and care.❤️

Congrats on the new addition! They grow up so fast...seems like just the other day I was riding my granddaughter on the lawn mower. She gave me a great grandson in March. The other grandsons are in Ohio working construction and the youngest is in the USAF over seas.
Where does the time go??

Congrats, you’ll love being a G-dad. One of the first things I did was to start a new growth chart. Had the old one from my own kids and added 2 G-kids.
Every visit they want to get measured to see if they’re growing. Sometimes I have to fake the measurement if it’s only been a week.
Have a look.

Attachments

• IMG_8500.jpeg
    IMG_8500.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8501.jpeg
    IMG_8501.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
retrieverman, I was changing a diaper this morning and thought of you. 😂😂

No offense just messing with you. I remember when I used to be so careful changing a diaper. Make sure it was positioned perfect. Not too tight, not too loose that the contents could spill over.
Today I realize the baby doesn't care anyway. When your time comes to change the diaper don't sweat it.

Latest posts

Back