Fishing with a new Captain...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcchartboy

Reaction score
Hey Folks,

While this report was originally posted on NJH....(a local hunting and fishing site)...I figured I would post it here as well for members to enjoy...

JC

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As most folks here already know once dedicated Striper fishing starts flowing through your system it can become a life long addiction to the point where your World starts to revolve around it. So, I am happy to say that yet another friend has made the decision to pursue a life he has come to love and start fishing on a full time basis...

After years of providing family, friends, and guest with exceptional fishing, Capt Joe has decided to take his love of the sport to the next level.

Today, (5/17), Joe was kind enough to take myself and Melissa on what was something of a maiden voyage for his new service....And all I can say is it was absolutely excellent!!

While I have been successfully fishing the Hudson Harbor/New York bight/Raritan Bay area for the better part of the last decade, I can safely say today will unquestionably be one my most memorable days on these waters. Most importantly, the reason for that is...Despite the fact that I had never had the opportunity to fish with Capt Joe prior to this morning, from the second we left port it felt as if we had been fishing together for years.

As a testament to Joe's abilities, at the peak of the day when the bite turned on we were fishing five rods simultaneously, three of which had live bunker; and all of which were getting hit consecutively every few minutes....and we never had one single tangled line during the entire trip!!

Many Captains with two guest would never have been attentive enough to run all that gear without problems resulting sooner or later. However Joe, clearly having spent years in the area paying his dues, threw down when the action got hot!

Without going on at length, all I can say is this...

When the fishing was slower in the morning...Joe was jamming looking for fish and doing everything he could do to make things happen... When things started happening, Joe actually hit what seemed to be his stride. Despite the fact that the fishing got incredible hectic, with two and three rods getting run offs simultaneously at a few points...Joe had the boat running at its absolute prime...not a line single line going twisted or snagged, not a single fish got lost at the net, and most amazingly...the concerns of the rest of ours lives were forgotten about while we all simply spent time enjoying fishing and everything else we have to be thankful for.

While I am well aware that are a number of excellent captains in the region, I am extremely happy to see another great fisherman pursuing a position among those ranks...

JC

(I would have normally taken many photos to share, however, as in all of the best days to take pictures, I was far too busy doing what I was doing to pick up the camera to photograph it!!.. )

Morning Bunker run
ClubRange5-11002.jpg

ClubRange5-11001.jpg

ClubRange5-11004.jpg

A few of Mel's hookups..

ClubRange5-11005.jpg

ClubRange5-11007.jpg

ClubRange5-11009.jpg

Fish...

ClubRange5-11019.jpg

ClubRange5-11015.jpg

ClubRange5-11027.jpg